new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:18

Default Embroidery Machine Opinion PLEASE!

Hello Ladies! It was my birthday yesterday and my Mother in law gave me some cash ! I am thinking on using this money to buy an embroidery machine, I had never had one before and my main goal is to do small jobs like monogram end of the bows and towels on my house. Can anyone help me ? I don't even know where to start...! Thank you in advance!

www.pemberlyboutique.com
Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2010, 07:08

Default Re: Embroidery Machine Opinion PLEASE!

The best thing to do is visit your local sewing shop and see the different models they have available. A good local dealer will let you sit down and play with them, show you what they can and can't do, and when you buy from them they give classes and can service your machine. If you are looking for simple monogramming, see what your budget can afford and start there . Do you want a embroidery/sew combo or embroidery only. I have a Janome 350e and I love it, I know a lot of ladies who have a Brother line embroidery machine. I would recommend looking at your budget and visiting a shop. Congrats on your pending purchase!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTexasBazaar View Post
The best thing to do is visit your local sewing shop and see the different models they have available. A good local dealer will let you sit down and play with them, show you what they can and can't do, and when you buy from them they give classes and can service your machine. If you are looking for simple monogramming, see what your budget can afford and start there . Do you want a embroidery/sew combo or embroidery only. I have a Janome 350e and I love it, I know a lot of ladies who have a Brother line embroidery machine. I would recommend looking at your budget and visiting a shop. Congrats on your pending purchase!

I got my Janome 350e a few months ago after talking with several ladies on here and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it too!! It is more user friendly than my basic sewing machine, yet it can do some amazing things!! After watching the DVD that came with it, my 8 year old could even manage it!! Congrats on your news!!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:00

I highly reccomend the Janome 350E. I first bought the 200E. I HATED IT! It is not set up very well, and is not very user friendly. So I traded it on a 350E and it has been amazing so far. It is very versitile and easy to use! They are a little costly, but completely worth the extra money. My husband's Nana has one of the Brother Disney machines, and hers is pretty good as well. It does have a larger screen and more designs and fonts that came with the machine, but hers is one of the super expensive ones that can be a sewing machine or embroidery machine. Brother's are ususally a little cheaper for their machines, however I find that hers has to go visit the shop far more often than mine does. Actually, other than routine matenence mine has never been to the shop. Her's on the other hand, has been several times.

In my opinion, the Janome brand is much better, but more expensive. I think your best option would be those mentioned above. Find a dealer and let them find the best machine for what you're wanting to do and your budget! Happy Embroidering!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:16

After the fall festivals in my area I am going to buy one. I am clueless to which one to buy.
Teresa
Old 05-11-2010, 06:33

I have a Pfaff 2124 sewing and embroidery combo. I think I paid around $1900 for it and that included a extra hoop and the $500 software (that I got a deal on) I really like my machine right now I can do up to 6x10 designs and if I want there is a larger hoop I can get. I had a janome sewing machine before and loved it also. The only negative thing the sewing guy said was that the brothers and janome's are plastic parts and don't last as long. The pfaff has metal parts so they are suppose to be more durable.
Yvonne
Old 05-12-2010, 11:04

Thank you ladies! These things are really costly!!! I will need to put together a lot more birthday present money than I though... I aprreciate the input !!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

www.pemberlyboutique.com
Old 05-12-2010, 11:19

I have the Brother 780D. I love it!! It is a good one to start on, kinda wish I had got one that I didn't have to change out the thread when I want to use a different color like for a flower or something, but it works.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52

I have a brother i bought off of hsn. it was about 500 with free shipping. i love it. i do just basic monograming on bows, shopping bags, shirts. it is a embroidery/sewing combo, but i just use it for embroidery. it is simple to use. only problem is it only has a 4x4 hoop. but for the money, that was what i could afford and it is working great. in fact it has paid for itself in the simple jobs i have done with it. it is a great starter machine, but i will be upgrading in the future. oh, hsn lets you make payments. lol
tina
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg