new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:10

Default Re: What's the deal with all these new tutorials?

Oh, I have met some that helped and I have helped as much as possible but like I said, the genuine "helpers", I can count those on 1 hand. In no way do I mean there are not good girls on here. Please dont think that. There are just very few of them. And I can not give enough praise to the ladies that have turned into VERY good friends.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitoffaithcreations View Post
JMO, but I have gotten lots of help on this board. I am new to bowmaking, but I plan to give advice when I am able, and I do try to point people to those who can and have helped me. Yes, the GBs and destashes are nice, but I have met lots of women on here who are here to help.

JMO, which doesn't usually mean a whole lot!!
Well, I'm glad you feel that way, but "back in the day"...LOL....there was a whole lot more helping and a lot less trying to make money off of every little thing....
Old 04-26-2010, 11:20

Not to sound rude but I posted a tutorial thread recently (As in today) now here is why...

There are a couple ladies on this board (pretty new) and they found my princess and party hat free instructions. Since then these ladies have asked me how to make everything on my site and everything under then sun including things I do not make.

I have no problem helping and sharing but 5 or 6 pms a day asking me how to do something is beyond ok to me.

My thread is my way of getting a point across. I love being helpful but I will not be taken advantage of either.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33

" I wish there was a limit to the group buys and destashes (or you had to have special permission) because I think people would be more willing to help each other again instead of just trying to make a buck"
I ususally don't voice my opinion, but this is a dang good idea!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulafairy View Post
Not to sound rude but I posted a tutorial thread recently (As in today) now here is why...

There are a couple ladies on this board (pretty new) and they found my princess and party hat free instructions. Since then these ladies have asked me how to make everything on my site and everything under then sun including things I do not make.

I have no problem helping and sharing but 5 or 6 pms a day asking me how to do something is beyond ok to me.

My thread is my way of getting a point across. I love being helpful but I will not be taken advantage of either.
I didn't see your thread today, but I'll be sure to look
The pm's are annoying at times because some people aren't willing to do any of the leg work themselves. If I can see that you have done some leg work and seem like you have actually tried to figure it out, then I don't mind sharing, but don't think I'm going to give up every secret...for free or otherwise.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:52

I feel fortunate to have met some very helpful people on here. That being said Ive met one or two that werent so nice and helpful...but I guess thats life. Im thankful for all you nice and helpful ones here...

Gammies Girls Bowtique
Old 04-27-2010, 06:48

It's also that "time of year" when everyone is gearing up for shows and need something new and different or don't have the time to search for the "freebies", so if someone made a tut and has it for sale, there are going to be many ladies buying it b/c they don't have the time to search.

I half agree with the "limited destash and GB's". I agree with limited destashing, but not the GB's b/c along with "trying to be helpful with one another (w/out taking advantage of anyone), a lot of us run a business or do shows as extra income and w/out those GB's, the supplies would cost too much and no one would make a profit. And I truly hope that the "wholesaling" doesn't get canned b/c I LOVE the things that you ladies make on here and it sure makes life easier when you CAN'T MAKE A BOW TO SAVE YOUR ASS -

Just my 10 cents - LOL
Old 04-27-2010, 08:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
I've been wanting to post a big announcement that says
YOU CAN GET THAT HERE FOR FREE
....JUST USE THE SEARCH FEATURE....

But at the same time, I'm not trying to hurt someone's business. I know they are only trying to make money, but dang....I thought we were on here to help each other....
So what are you ideas on how to make the new tutu?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt1234 View Post
So what are you ideas on how to make the new tutu?

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Yeah April! Spill it!!!! LMAO!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:28

I have been on here for about a year, I think, and I'm not on here for the GB's or destash's. I like to see all the new stuff and just see what everyone else is doing. I have gotten lots of Free advice and ideas. I've even gotten free images just for asking if someone could make these for me or knew where I could get them. I'm not sure how you could count on one hand how many good people are on here since you don't really know everyone. Maybe I haven't been on here long enough to find out?! And I'm not starting drama, I'm just saying, i am probably not one of the ones you were counting because you don't really know me. Hopefully this continues to be a good thing for me. I love coming to this forum several times a day just to see if there is someting new. I also like getting the free tuts people offer, but I also don't mind paying a fair price for the ones I feel are worth it. And when I have good info I am willing to share it. JMO
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies