New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:15

Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose305 View Post
WOW! I was totally being sarcastic with my comment
and "The Tutu Mafia" was a joke started on the other thread.
Im 99.9% positive that was not meant for you. She knows when it was started. Just didnt want you to wonder if it was about you...
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 04-28-2010, 01:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeeshawebb View Post
Ya know, I think many people have their own opinions on this matter. And an opinion does not make 1 person right, or 1 person wrong. I guess we all have ways of looking at things. Personally, I think that the whole tutu craze has went too far, which is what Britt was trying to express. "The Original Tutu Mafia"? So what, ya'll gotta freakin gang now? I mean seriously!! This is beyond ridiculous!! As Judy said, many of us can look at a picture and figure things out on our own. I've never bought a tutorial for anything. But, imo, to write a tutorial, then charge the amount she charged is kinda WRONG!!!! Sure, we all look at pics and get ideas, but my goodness, put your own spin on it!! I'm glad she made a butt load of dough, but I think it was went about the wrong way. And as someone mentioned, she "took the high road and chose not to retaliate", I think its even more childish to think that there was anything to retaliate against!! Seriously, everything gets turned into an argument even when it isnt meant to be an argument. Britt and Judy are both great gals, and 2 of my closest bow friends. Neither are trying to be rude or disrespectful, just voicing their opinions. Though it seems when someone does that, ya'll throw stones. JUST CRAZY!!!

Just to let you know the term tutu mafia was started on the Etsy forums a long time ago. I guess some members were irritated about some women who were convoing others and trying to scare and harass them into not selling their products due to their supposed fake copyrights. For some reason there was always a tutu behind the argument. Believe it or not there is some sort of tutu integrity forum going around as well. They are pretty cool and I think are only concerned with their pictures being taken. So ya it is crazy. Some people on Etsy were creating what was called a sock puppet account or a fake account and buying all the stuff out of their stores and not paying. I think that is how the term tutu mafia got started. Long running and sort of funny joke. The sock puppet account that convod me the threats was actually from this forum. Somewhat sad and over the top.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:28

haha i saw this and immediately pictured a thickwaisted, big boobed, blond with braids and covered in armor and the helmet with the horns on it...in my head she was waving around a bobbin and singing to it....i'm pretty strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
Get a viking better bobbins!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenjs View Post
I don't think anyone was serious about that... I think everyone was just joking around becuase the TUTU lady was so vicious. I bought the tut, but have no desire to shut anyone's shop down.
um this may make me sound horrible but i want to shut that lady's shop down and make her cry...but is that really so wrong...i don't like when someone screws me...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose305 View Post
(my 2 cents)

I don't have any idea who is selling what but I think if you WERE NOT an original member of the Tutu Mafia you should NOT be selling a tut because so many pointers were given out in that thread! I even heard that the neighbors dog was now making the Mafia tutu!
oh that dog is SOOOOOO gonna get sued!!!!...or taken out...mafia style.....
Old 04-28-2010, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachie2531 View Post
Girl, that is how I was feeling!!! I had gained a whole LOT of weight with baby #2 and Im down about 35 lbs since I started my weight loss and finally my feet dont look big swollen ballons attached to my legs... Thats an exageration but you get the point. I have been unable to wear the correct size shoe for a little over a year! And cute dressy shoes were definitely not happening. So, Im a little excited and overdid it but its worth it sometimes. I read a book not long ago... Title: Buy the shoes, Eat the cookie! Good motto but Im leaning toward more shoes, less cookies...

oh man i'm still working on losing weight from my only baby and she's nearly 3...but every time i notice i've lost a few more pound, i run to old navy to buy new jeans...i like "the dreamer" cause they have a tummy sucking in panel and make you look like you have a butt...which i don't...thank god cause if i did it would be like the size of a dining room table prolly...anyway....go buy some jeans

oh...on this note...a few weeks ago i actually got my pre-pregnancy belt on...it fit on the loosest hole...but maybe there's hope for my pre-pregnancy jeans! i had a pair of size 6 a&f that i got JUST because i could squeeze into them...i think i was able to wear them twice but i couldn't breathe either time...but it was soooo worth it...i hope to someday starve myself back into them....i need like a parasite or something to acheive that goal.........
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
I just made a tutorial for my friend in less then 30 minutes. Including picture editing. Tutu took less then 2 hours for sure. that's time feeding my kids and shampooing my carpet.
That's awesome! and now it is up to you what to do with it... you can sell it... you can give it away...and no one should judge you about it.

...that's all I'm saying

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about, and that is mine.

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarasMommy View Post
oh man i'm still working on losing weight from my only baby and she's nearly 3...but every time i notice i've lost a few more pound, i run to old navy to buy new jeans...i like "the dreamer" cause they have a tummy sucking in panel and make you look like you have a butt...which i don't...thank god cause if i did it would be like the size of a dining room table prolly...anyway....go buy some jeans

oh...on this note...a few weeks ago i actually got my pre-pregnancy belt on...it fit on the loosest hole...but maybe there's hope for my pre-pregnancy jeans! i had a pair of size 6 a&f that i got JUST because i could squeeze into them...i think i was able to wear them twice but i couldn't breathe either time...but it was soooo worth it...i hope to someday starve myself back into them....i need like a parasite or something to acheive that goal.........
OMG...too funny! A guy that I work with is a real sweetheart, and when he found out that I was expecting my DD (she's 7 months now), he gave me an American Eagle silver dollar as a gift for her. He came up to me the other day, and said, "Now, I hope you don't mind me getting personal for a minute...but I just need to know...do I need to buy another one of those coins in the near future? I just wanna know cause they're not cheap. " Of course, I politely told him, that's sweet, but I'm not pregnant. SOOOOO embarrased.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:48

Can I be the prez of the "Original Tutu Mafia".. PLEASE. I've never won anything.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:15

Has anyone figured out who it was that sold out the HG that bought the tutu to begin with?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg