printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2010, 11:16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

(my 2 cents)

I don't have any idea who is selling what but I think if you WERE NOT an original member of the Tutu Mafia you should NOT be selling a tut because so many pointers were given out in that thread! I even heard that the neighbors dog was now making the Mafia tutu!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36
hypatia23's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 2,533
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose305 View Post
(my 2 cents)

I even heard that the neighbors dog was now making the Mafia tutu!
Oh my goodness that made me chuckle-I'm staying out of the tutu madness but this cracked me up!
__________________

<>< Christy
my shop
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2010, 11:53
GammiesGirlsBowtique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 158
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
Hi! I didn't see the pinwheel tut. I'm gonna make up a tut on how to line clips with hot glue! ding ding ding! Or maybe how to glue a clip onto a flower! Oh i'm fully of ideas! ahhahah

I'm just poking fun. I see these tutorials all the time but the difference with this specific tutorial was the fact that people were saying they were buying a tutu to figure it out and actually shut down a persons shop because of it. I don't know. I think its in poor taste. I've never bought anything to pull it apart. look at a picture and design your own version. That's what I do if i want something bad enough.
The original post "amazing tutu" is where the tutu purchase went crazy and the tutu mafia was born....it started as praise to the dang tutu and the women saying how great it was actually bought it for her DD's pictures and never said it was going to be taken apart. She paid $50 for the thing, she wasnt going to take it apart. There were some joking post telling her she could always take it apart and tell everyone else how it was made b/c so many people were offering their thoughts on how it was made. IMO, the tutu lady got overzealous and shut down her shop, made crazy public post defaming HipGirls and discontinued her wholesale sales all bc too many people liked her tutus. Who does that? Sorry but bc your afraid someone is going to copy you, you shut down your stores? Thats no ones fault but her own. Tutu paranoia is a ugly thing.
I really dont see why all this talk about the tutorial. So what someone made a tutorial and made a ton of cash in 2 days. Yay for her!If someone wants a tutorial on how to line clippies then yay for you too sister! And you laugh but some people need those kind of tutorials ya know? lol...Ive seen alot of flowers that still have the green thing on the back of the flower so it doesent lay flat on the clip...those ladies could've used that tutorial.....
__________________

Gammies Girls Bowtique
Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2010, 12:10
rachie2531's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 758
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose305 View Post
(my 2 cents)

I don't have any idea who is selling what but I think if you WERE NOT an original member of the Tutu Mafia you should NOT be selling a tut because so many pointers were given out in that thread! I even heard that the neighbors dog was now making the Mafia tutu!
Oh, no... I thought this thread was dead hours ago... But I have to say this was hilarious!!!! Thanks for making me laugh!

And honestly, just so everyone understands, I didnt boycott the tut for any other reason than because I was broke from buying shoes. Not just 1 pair... 5 pair. in one day. My husband is not happy but I am. I had a rough 2 days and worked my butt off so I deserved it. I dont like buying tuts because I dont like handing over the cash so, yes, I want everything for free. So, if anyone is giving any tuts out for free, please get in touch with me. I dont care who makes money from what tut and to tell the truth, I dont think anyone else cared either. I just think something was misunderstood.
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2010, 12:13
tyeeshawebb's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Ya know, I think many people have their own opinions on this matter. And an opinion does not make 1 person right, or 1 person wrong. I guess we all have ways of looking at things. Personally, I think that the whole tutu craze has went too far, which is what Britt was trying to express. "The Original Tutu Mafia"? So what, ya'll gotta freakin gang now? I mean seriously!! This is beyond ridiculous!! As Judy said, many of us can look at a picture and figure things out on our own. I've never bought a tutorial for anything. But, imo, to write a tutorial, then charge the amount she charged is kinda WRONG!!!! Sure, we all look at pics and get ideas, but my goodness, put your own spin on it!! I'm glad she made a butt load of dough, but I think it was went about the wrong way. And as someone mentioned, she "took the high road and chose not to retaliate", I think its even more childish to think that there was anything to retaliate against!! Seriously, everything gets turned into an argument even when it isnt meant to be an argument. Britt and Judy are both great gals, and 2 of my closest bow friends. Neither are trying to be rude or disrespectful, just voicing their opinions. Though it seems when someone does that, ya'll throw stones. JUST CRAZY!!!
__________________
Have we had a transaction? Leave feedback at http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/itrader.php?u=10599
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2010, 12:28
GammiesGirlsBowtique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 158
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeeshawebb View Post
Ya know, I think many people have their own opinions on this matter. And an opinion does not make 1 person right, or 1 person wrong. I guess we all have ways of looking at things. Personally, I think that the whole tutu craze has went too far, which is what Britt was trying to express. "The Original Tutu Mafia"? So what, ya'll gotta freakin gang now? I mean seriously!! This is beyond ridiculous!! As Judy said, many of us can look at a picture and figure things out on our own. I've never bought a tutorial for anything. But, imo, to write a tutorial, then charge the amount she charged is kinda WRONG!!!! Sure, we all look at pics and get ideas, but my goodness, put your own spin on it!! I'm glad she made a butt load of dough, but I think it was went about the wrong way. And as someone mentioned, she "took the high road and chose not to retaliate", I think its even more childish to think that there was anything to retaliate against!! Seriously, everything gets turned into an argument even when it isnt meant to be an argument. Britt and Judy are both great gals, and 2 of my closest bow friends. Neither are trying to be rude or disrespectful, just voicing their opinions. Though it seems when someone does that, ya'll throw stones. JUST CRAZY!!!
I can see your point of view. Just to be clear Im in no way trying to be argumentative at all. I try to keep my sarcastic personality in check on here bc it sometimes is hard to type things like you speak and it come out the same. I only commented here bc I talked to the women that bought the tutu in the first place and she felt terrible about the tutu lady getting upset and even apoligized for the misunderstanding but it didnt do any good. I respect everyones opinion on here even if its not shared by me. Some people can look and figure out how its made, some cant. Some are $7.50 richer then others and therefore have more shoes....
__________________

Gammies Girls Bowtique
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2010, 12:31
rachie2531's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 758
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammiesGirlsBowtique View Post
I can see your point of view. Just to be clear Im in no way trying to be argumentative at all. I try to keep my sarcastic personality in check on here bc it sometimes is hard to type things like you speak and it come out the same. I only commented here bc I talked to the women that bought the tutu in the first place and she felt terrible about the tutu lady getting upset and even apoligized for the misunderstanding but it didnt do any good. I respect everyones opinion on here even if its not shared by me. Some people can look and figure out how its made, some cant. Some are $7.50 richer then others and therefore have more shoes....

Oh, no... I cant tell but are you siding with my husband about the shoes??? Darn it!!!! I thought the women would understand! To be fair, they were very cheap shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35
GammiesGirlsBowtique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 158
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Hahahaha..no I would shoe shop if I hadnt been tutorial shopping. I find its easier to buy those with 4 kids then go to the mall and buy shoes with 4 kids. Maybe in a few years Ill be able to get some new shoes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rachie2531 View Post
Oh, no... I cant tell but are you siding with my husband about the shoes??? Darn it!!!! I thought the women would understand! To be fair, they were very cheap shoes!
__________________

Gammies Girls Bowtique
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2010, 12:42
rachie2531's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 758
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammiesGirlsBowtique View Post
Hahahaha..no I would shoe shop if I hadnt been tutorial shopping. I find its easier to buy those with 4 kids then go to the mall and buy shoes with 4 kids. Maybe in a few years Ill be able to get some new shoes.
Girl, that is how I was feeling!!! I had gained a whole LOT of weight with baby #2 and Im down about 35 lbs since I started my weight loss and finally my feet dont look big swollen ballons attached to my legs... Thats an exageration but you get the point. I have been unable to wear the correct size shoe for a little over a year! And cute dressy shoes were definitely not happening. So, Im a little excited and overdid it but its worth it sometimes. I read a book not long ago... Title: Buy the shoes, Eat the cookie! Good motto but Im leaning toward more shoes, less cookies...
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2010, 01:02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

WOW! I was totally being sarcastic with my comment
and "The Tutu Mafia" was a joke started on the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeeshawebb View Post
"The Original Tutu Mafia"? So what, ya'll gotta freakin gang now? I mean seriously!! This is beyond ridiculous!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger