New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:28

Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Either you want it, or you don't. Why call her out, or the people that have chosen to buy it? This post is almost guaranteed to start a fight, and it's just silly.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 04-27-2010, 04:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
Either you want it, or you don't. Why call her out, or the people that have chosen to buy it? This post is almost guaranteed to start a fight, and it's just silly.

Won't be a fight because TheMonkeyBoutiqueq took the high road and didn't retaliate. She did however have the thread closed and isn't selling the tuts anymore. At least not in the open.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:35

I saw that too and I was happy to have a week to try to figure out the tutu for myself before I broke down and bought the tut.. NOW If I can't figure it out.. I'll have to beg her to sell me one...
It's was very classy of her IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
Won't be a fight because TheMonkeyBoutiqueq took the high road and didn't retaliate. She did however have the thread closed and isn't selling the tuts anymore. At least not in the open.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
weesewevil... I thought we talked about this before.. I can't sew. And if I did manage to sew a straight line my mom would have to come over and walk me through rethreading the bobbin thingy.
I had to say the evil thing... Makes me laugh everytime I see your name! lol
Get a viking better bobbins! Yeah I still have no idea what the heck that ladies issue was. I never bought one of her tutus. Not sure what I even had to do with it other than pointing out the fake copyright. My store reopened and so far I have not been hit. I can't get that heart off my page though can you? Since the account closed it is stuck there. Her store is still closed. Wonder why?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
I saw that too and I was happy to have a week to try to figure out the tutu for myself before I broke down and bought the tut.. NOW If I can't figure it out.. I'll have to beg her to sell me one...
It's was very classy of her IMO.
I was able to figure it out on my own. But it was closer to the way the free tut was made. I couldn't figure out how to get the different colored waist. So I bought the tut. Now I know.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
I figured it out on my own and didn't waste ANY material! Oh and I shared with my friends because I don't think charging money for somebody else's idea is very nice. Cuz when it happens to one of you ladies, you'll be crying like a little 3 year old. I can see why the lady who took the time and effort to design this tutu is pissed off. I can look at pictures and figure things out.
first i just wanted to say hi i have not seen u in a while!!!!!!

what is the difference between the tutu tut and the pinwheel tut that floated around here a while back. how to make a pinwheel is all over the net yet she charged 3 bucks for it. i am not saying she is wrong but to each their own.

it is very classy of her not to comment on this thread.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyte View Post
first i just wanted to say hi i have not seen u in a while!!!!!!

what is the difference between the tutu tut and the pinwheel tut that floated around here a while back. how to make a pinwheel is all over the net yet she charged 3 bucks for it. i am not saying she is wrong but to each their own.

it is very classy of her not to comment on this thread.
Hi! I didn't see the pinwheel tut. I'm gonna make up a tut on how to line clips with hot glue! ding ding ding! Or maybe how to glue a clip onto a flower! Oh i'm fully of ideas! ahhahah

I'm just poking fun. I see these tutorials all the time but the difference with this specific tutorial was the fact that people were saying they were buying a tutu to figure it out and actually shut down a persons shop because of it. I don't know. I think its in poor taste. I've never bought anything to pull it apart. look at a picture and design your own version. That's what I do if i want something bad enough.

www.thequirkylittleboutique.com
Old 04-27-2010, 06:47

Quote:
Hi! I didn't see the pinwheel tut. I'm gonna make up a tut on how to line clips with hot glue! ding ding ding! Or maybe how to glue a clip onto a flower! Oh i'm fully of ideas! ahhahah

I'm just poking fun. I see these tutorials all the time but the difference with this specific tutorial was the fact that people were saying they were buying a tutu to figure it out and actually shut down a persons shop because of it. I don't know. I think its in poor taste. I've never bought anything to pull it apart. look at a picture and design your own version. That's what I do if i want something bad enough.
I don't think anyone was serious about that... I think everyone was just joking around becuase the TUTU lady was so vicious. I bought the tut, but have no desire to shut anyone's shop down.

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:11

Quote:

The women that made this tut did look at a picture and come up with the way to make it. She didn't buy it and take it apart. I know a few girls talked about they were going to do that but their orders were canceled and it never happened.

So I guess I am a little confused as to what some people saying they were going to do this has to do with themonkeyboutiqueq making a tut from her own ability to make it.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenjs View Post
I don't think anyone was serious about that... I think everyone was just joking around becuase the TUTU lady was so vicious. I bought the tut, but have no desire to shut anyone's shop down.
She shut her own shop down. No one bent her arm and forced her to do it. If you have faith in your ability to make something and faith that it is TRULY one of the best then there is no reason to shut down your business due to some silly remarks made in a thread. That's just outrageous imo.

I would never let someone make me shut down my business, my means of money. In her case she claims this money is essential to take care of her daughter. I think that's worth keeping her shop open on it's own.