New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:51

Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

themonkeyboutiqueq, or something like that. I can't recall her exact SN.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:00
-Michelle-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
themonkeyboutiqueq, or something like that. I can't recall her exact SN.
Thanks! My curiosity monster has been fed You've been really sweet, thanks for answering my questions.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:04

No problem!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:20

I thought about doing one and charging $4 for it but
A the other HG beat me to it and
B I just couldn't follow through
I know the magic tutu pissed everyone off even me for calling the whole group out when it was only a couple in the first place. I just didn't think it was right for me to do. The whole karma thing was rolling around in my head too much to do it. I will also say i was suprised by the price but good for her if she can sell themfor that. I would never ever pay $15.
Yvonne
Old 04-27-2010, 02:35

I did buy it and it is a great tutorial. It took time to develop it so I don't fault anyone for charging for their time. I am visual and pictures help. I have not made it yet but it looks easy enough. I think it is your choice if you want to buy it or not.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
I did buy it and it is a great tutorial. It took time to develop it so I don't fault anyone for charging for their time. I am visual and pictures help. I have not made it yet but it looks easy enough. I think it is your choice if you want to buy it or not.

Agreed. I bought it and just looked at it. It totally was NOT done the way I thought it was... It's a pretty complex process and the tut looks really good... I'm glad that I got it and think it was a worthwhile investment. Even if all I do is make a tutu for my little darling, it will still be cheaper than buying one. I have thought about making tutorials for a few things that I do (that I think are pretty unique) but quite honestly, I don't have the time or patience.

If you think about it...she said it took 4 hours to figure out the tutu. You think another 2 (at least) probably to make the tut. Then another several hours answering questions/ replying to e-mails... So if you round that to 6, you're paying for 6 hours of someone's time.

Think about how much you have to pay someone on a contract basis for consultation? Even if I get the tut and ask one question about it... any consultant would round it up to 15 min and charge you $80/Hr...

Just thinking out loud.

I really don't have anything invested in this arguement one way or the other...just think everyone is getting very worked up about tulle and elastic lately.

Best of luck in your endeavors, tutu or otherwise.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenjs View Post
Agreed. I bought it and just looked at it. It totally was NOT done the way I thought it was... It's a pretty complex process and the tut looks really good... I'm glad that I got it and think it was a worthwhile investment. Even if all I do is make a tutu for my little darling, it will still be cheaper than buying one. I have thought about making tutorials for a few things that I do (that I think are pretty unique) but quite honestly, I don't have the time or patience.

If you think about it...she said it took 4 hours to figure out the tutu. You think another 2 (at least) probably to make the tut. Then another several hours answering questions/ replying to e-mails... So if you round that to 6, you're paying for 6 hours of someone's time.

Think about how much you have to pay someone on a contract basis for consultation? Even if I get the tut and ask one question about it... any consultant would round it up to 15 min and charge you $80/Hr...

Just thinking out loud.

I really don't have anything invested in this arguement one way or the other...just think everyone is getting very worked up about tulle and elastic lately.

Best of luck in your endeavors, tutu or otherwise.
I just made a tutorial for my friend in less then 30 minutes. Including picture editing. Tutu took less then 2 hours for sure. that's time feeding my kids and shampooing my carpet.

www.thequirkylittleboutique.com
Old 04-27-2010, 04:11

Can I be your friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
I just made a tutorial for my friend in less then 30 minutes. Including picture editing. Tutu took less then 2 hours for sure. that's time feeding my kids and shampooing my carpet.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Can I be your friend?

LOL. Come sew some stuff for me will ya please!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:21

weesewevil... I thought we talked about this before.. I can't sew. And if I did manage to sew a straight line my mom would have to come over and walk me through rethreading the bobbin thingy.
I had to say the evil thing... Makes me laugh everytime I see your name! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
LOL. Come sew some stuff for me will ya please!
Sponsored Links