150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:22

Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

i see your point but there is a lot of tuts out there that cost money yet the info can be found for free ie..pinwheel tut. she took the time to figure it out and post pictures and write instructions, usually buying the tut comes with the support of the creator also. i did not buy the tut, nor do i plan to but there are many girls out there that would rather just pay 7 bucks and have someone else figure it out. i bought a cheer bow tut because i did not feel like surfing around looking for measurements and what not.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 04-26-2010, 07:26

Uh yeah, we KNOW who is kicking themselves for not making a tut!!!!!! Man I need to make a tutorial and get some money
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37

I bought the tut. I figure it's worth the $7.50 to avoid the frustration and waste of materials. I work full time and have two toddlers, so I have very little time to play around....I tried one, and think I have the concept, but hers turned out beautifully, and I would rather spend a little cash and have the step by step for reference.

Some folks commented that they would have paid $50 for a tut for the TUTU that shall not be named, so I don't see why $7.50 is so much.

Also, I like to support my fellow HG's, Everyone's been helpful to me, and I've gotten a TON of free advice....I have to pay for this one...so what?.?.

Just my thoughts. :-)

Last edited by mckenjs; 04-26-2010 at 07:38. Reason: spelling
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenjs View Post
I bought the tut. I figure it's worth the $7.50 to avoid the frustration and waste of materials. I work full time and have two toddlers, so I have very little time to play around....I tried one, and think I have the concept, but hers turned out beautifully, and I would rather spend a little cash and have the step by step for reference.

Some folks commented that they would have paid $50 for a tut for the TUTU that shall not be named, so I don't see why $7.50 is so much.

Also, I like to support my fellow HG's, Everyone's been helpful to me, and I've gotten a TON of free advice....I have to pay for this one...so what?.?.

I agreed 100%.

kudos to her for doing it!!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenjs View Post

I just purchased them too. I'm more of a visual person. There were so many commenting "on that thread" about how they thought it was made and I was soooo lost on what they were saying. I have to see it and have a step by step instructions. But I do have to say that after I first saw the pictures she posted before making this tut, I had an idea on how it might have been made. Bought it to see if I was on the right track. We'll see if mine comes out as good as hers.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56

I think you should only make tutorials of your ideas. If you see something and can figure out how to make it that is awesome, but to make a tutorial on it I personally feel it is wrong. I am not speaking of just the tutu but lots of other items.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:01

The tut that cost money was completely different then the free one. Just an FYI.

I paid the 7.50 simply because even though the way I was doing it looked the same it didn't have the different colored waist band and I couldn't figure it out. I wanted that part too. 7.50 isn't to much imo. I will make a ton more on the tutus I sell so it's worth it.

Do I think it should have been free, hmmm...maybe, or maybe cheaper. But I paid for it so I can't really say anything.

Oh and ps. I know who's kicking themselves. A certain someone could have charged 25 or even 40 dollars for a tut and been making a heck of a lot more than she was on her 80 tutus.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:14

I will comment seeing that I followed(strictly for entertainment,yes i have a boring night life)that whole tutu craziness and I bought the tutorial. First there is a free one that if you have made tutu's or your good at that sort of thing without step by step instructions you can make the tutu with no problems. I am not a tutu maker and just wasnt getting the concept from the imput and free info given...so I bought the tutorial. I figure I would have gladly bought it from the crazy tutu lady had she been nice and shared. But she chose to be...whatever that was and instead a HG capitalized on the moment and got my money along with 63+ others, and im sure she will have lots of luck selling it at $15 as well. She did put alot of work into making it clear and professional so hey i had a extra $7.50. Its a good cause right? Fighting for the right to make tutu's!!!!

Gammies Girls Bowtique
Old 04-26-2010, 09:15

I paid for it and heck I felt it was worth it.

I don't agree with some of the comments in the thread, seems like jealousy.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:16

I agree that it should have been at least cheaper if not free. I really wanted to make that tutu but I have a kid and bills and things to do with my money. I cant afford to pay that much for a tut and buy my supplies. Not to mention that she said it was only going to be 7.50 for a week and then go up to 15.00. I think it is great that she found a way to make money quickly like that *wish I could do it* I just think it was too much. Thats just my opinion.
Sponsored Links