http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:43

Talking Review of the Gator Bite

Sorry if there is already one but I'm on my phone and it won't let me search.
I LOVE this tool! I am so happy with the results, It was $20 well spendt. It helps with creasing and it really holds the bow for you in place while you tie it. SO much easier than freehand. I bought it about three months ago or so and have used it everytime I make a bow that calls for it. Go to lookatmebaby.com and purchase one if you want perfectly creased bows everytime. Hope this helps for anyone looking into buying it but wasn't sure. I have found that you should only use it on certain bows though. I have def. Got my moneys worth and then some.

Last edited by madaboutbows; 04-12-2010 at 07:45. Reason: Spelled wrong
Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2010, 07:54
strawberrybaby

Default Re: Review of the Gator Bite

I use a sally's big aligator like clip. It's basically the same thing but the center slit is a little wider for those who sew their bows. It makes it so much easier to manage the bow when sewing it. I specially like it for my boutique twisted bows. I first use the NBNG templates than slide the ribbon of spread the bow into a twisted and clamp it to the clip. Then I sew it and im done. Very handy thing. I purchased the clips for 2.99 for 6 of them.

Even though the gator clip is expensive in my opinion I ca n see how it would be much easier to use with bows that are tied and not sewn.

Either way I think one of these is a most have for every bow maker.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:16

i bought one in a destash and tried it out and couldnt get it to work with my no bow no go templates so i destashed it less than a week of having it. if i made bows by hand im sure i would of been able to use it, but i cheat and use the templates lmao
Old 04-12-2010, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokendreamz View Post
i bought one in a destash and tried it out and couldnt get it to work with my no bow no go templates so i destashed it less than a week of having it. if i made bows by hand im sure i would of been able to use it, but i cheat and use the templates lmao
Where do you get templates from?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:46

I threw mine in the trash, thought it was the biggest waste of money I have spent since I started making bows. Much easier to do it by hand!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41

Oh man, I love my Gator Bite! Last night I dropped it and thought I broke it and almost had a heart attack. I'll be ordering a second one in case I break this one. LOL! I'm sorry for those who didn't like it, but I love it. Also, I use mine with all bow styles, so you might want to try it with your other styles, too.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:22

I'm also a believer of the gator bite. For one I can actually get the TBB down perfectly with it. I just wrap the ribbon around the template, slide off and shape it, use and pinch clip to hold it in shape while I slide it on the gator bite. Comes out great!

As for using it with my other templates, I just had a "duh" momment the other day and figured out how to do pinwheels and such with the NBNG templates. You lay your ribbon on your template and go a head and sew the center creases, BUT, do not knot the end of your tread or what ever you are using. Leave it long and have the very end long like you have 2 tails. Carefully slide it off the template into the gatorbite. Tie off like normal. I can actually make pinwheels now!

Kristie
Old 04-13-2010, 04:26

I love mine. Wouldn't be without it!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:32

I have the gator bite too and I adore it. I think it is the best thing I have found yet. I also use it with my nbng templates. I just make the bow like normal with the template then while it is still on the template I attach the gator bite and slide it all off together and tie off. My whole system makes it all so much easier and faster for me.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:35

I hand fold everything BUT I have not made a bow without my gator in like 2 years. I looooooove it.

Tags
creasing, freehand, gator bite, tool