New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:49

Default Product Review-Resin Drops

Yes, these are THE "Resin Drops" that are being sold on the forum in group buys. My business partner bought Resin Drops for us to try. If we liked them and it made our lives easier, we were going to buy quite a few. Instead, the Resin Drops were a waste of money.

First, the drops pulled the images OFF of the bottlecaps after a few days. We tried the Xyron sticker maker (permanent), mod podge, and finally E6000. It didn't matter.

Second, it does not seal around the image like using resin would. IMO it looks just like what it is, a sticker. Kinda tacky to me.

Third, it feels like rubber not resin. It is not a hard finish like resin, more like a bouncy ball type feel.

In my honest opinion, do not waste your money on these. Even Glossy Accents and Diamond Glaze give a better finish than the Resin Drops. I am very glad that we bought them to try and did not sell a single cap with this on it. I'd be very embarrassed to have a customer complain that the image fell off or how cheap it looks compared to the ones made with actual resin.

Pictures attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2229.jpg (35.7 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2230.jpg (29.4 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2231.jpg (23.0 KB, 140 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:41

Default Re: Product Review-Resin Drops

Thanks for the review! I am so glad I didn't waste my money on these. I supposed doing it the hard way is always going to look better.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:19

I have never done it the hard way - but I like the ones I got! I dont have pics and stuff though.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnponders View Post
Uh-oh. You know how these honest reviews get taken around here...

Btw, I have now tried every product out there for these types of resin drop stickers. After my review, I got all kinds of offers to try this one and that. Guess what? They all sucked ass. There was one that affixed decently and I was almost impressed with and then I realized the slightest touch would dent the surface. Horrible.
I actually thought about you while typing this out.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:57

These remind me of the cheapo page pebbles Walmart used to sell in the scrapbooking stuff.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnponders View Post
Uh-oh. You know how these honest reviews get taken around here...

Btw, I have now tried every product out there for these types of resin drop stickers. After my review, I got all kinds of offers to try this one and that. Guess what? They all sucked ass. There was one that affixed decently and I was almost impressed with and then I realized the slightest touch would dent the surface. Horrible.
You took the words out of my mouth.......Watch OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansnana View Post
These remind me of the cheapo page pebbles Walmart used to sell in the scrapbooking stuff.
Yep.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNice123 View Post
You took the words out of my mouth.......Watch OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO

I read that thread a while ago. I'm glad you also wrote an honest review :-)

I'm now going to be taking cover under a table somewhere :P

Old 04-11-2010, 03:57

I'm ready for whatever may come my way. This is my HONEST review of the product.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:34

I agree, not worth the money at all.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies