New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:08

Default Re: Hot glue

For the FOE...try using the lighter method...you won't go back to anything else!! It holds well and is fast and easy to do. I did try my woodburner with it and it's not as easy and it does stink to high heaven!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 03-26-2010, 07:53

I went to Michaels, but ended up not buying it as I didn't have a coupon for it. I know it's not that expensive but 40% is a 40% isn't it!!!

I might try lighter method. I know many people use woodburner, but I didn't know lighter works as good as wb. Just melt the both ends together and hold it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
For the FOE...try using the lighter method...you won't go back to anything else!! It holds well and is fast and easy to do. I did try my woodburner with it and it's not as easy and it does stink to high heaven!!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:57

What's wrong with mine I seem to have same one as most of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingmom View Post
I use the mini one from Michales and the all temp glue sticks from them too, I've never had a bow or anything else come apart.

I have a big one from Black and Decker that I hate. HAHA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
I use the cheap mini one from Hobby Lobby and I buy their high temp glue sticks too and never have problems. At one point I tried some different glue sticks (they must have been low temp or multi-temp) and they didn't hold well at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Isn't the glue that's in the mini sticks and large sticks the same stuff? I have a mini cheap one from Michaels and the all temperature glue sticks and everything appears to be holding just fine. I did FOE headbands too, np.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd0831 View Post
I went to Michaels, but ended up not buying it as I didn't have a coupon for it. I know it's not that expensive but 40% is a 40% isn't it!!!

I might try lighter method. I know many people use woodburner, but I didn't know lighter works as good as wb. Just melt the both ends together and hold it???
I remember coming across a thread on how to make FOE headbands a couple months ago and Lilredsmiles explained it perfectly(she always does)! Here is the easy, no-fail method!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
I do mine a bit differently. I fuse my ends together with a lighter. Then I re-melt & press flat with the side of my lighter to cool nice & flat. Then I cover with a grosgrain loop. So easy, fast & strong. No sewing required.
Instead of using grosgrain for the loop, I just cut some FOE and use that as the loop...matches perfectly, of course! HTH
Old 03-26-2010, 08:58

Since my hot glue doesn't do a thing, I will def try this method. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Isn't the glue that's in the mini sticks and large sticks the same stuff? I have a mini cheap one from Michaels and the all temperature glue sticks and everything appears to be holding just fine. I did FOE headbands too, np.

I just stitch my FOE.. better with a needle than a gun.. To dangerous and messy for me.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:05

I like the Glue Gun from Michaels by Aleenes with the changeable nozzels. It is a 40 watt, I use a high temp glue stick by Surebonder from Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's. I love the small tip best, great for hard to reach places.

I also like the 60 watt Surebonder Glue gun, it is so hot you see a steam like effect from it. I use this when I have a large area or something I know will be hard to stick. This I purchased at Hobby Lobby, but also saw in JoAnn,s. I also only use the High temp glue stick in it.
Sponsored Links