Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:16

Default Sally's Clip

Anyone use this?? I can not figure out how to tie bows with this. I understand how to put the ribbon in the clip, but after that I am not sure what type of thread to tie it together with. Any help would be appreciated. Everything I use is either breaking or not tying it tight enough. Thanks Denise
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2008, 04:51

Default Re: Sally's Clip

I use dental floss to tie my bows with. I haven't had any problems with it.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:55

I use regular thread, or the stretchy jewelry stuff, have you tried doubling or tripiling your thread?

Old 02-24-2008, 05:09

I use embroidery thread

ISO: manners
Old 02-24-2008, 05:15

I also use regular thread

My online store:

Old 02-24-2008, 05:33

I use either regular thread (doubled), crochet thread (thicker than regular thread but still has a soft texture), or elastic beading cord. I don't use the Sally's clip for big bows but I do korkers and I know the crochet thread and elastic cord does not break when pulled tight for those.

MichelleB
Old 02-25-2008, 11:07

Michelle,

Did you say you used the Sally Clip for Korkers????
Can you explain?

Thanks
Leslie
Old 02-25-2008, 02:07
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
I use either regular thread (doubled), crochet thread (thicker than regular thread but still has a soft texture), or elastic beading cord. I don't use the Sally's clip for big bows but I do korkers and I know the crochet thread and elastic cord does not break when pulled tight for those.

MichelleB
I would like to know how you use it for Korkers. I sew mine right now and it takes forever! If I dont sew them I cant get it to look right or they fall out.
Thanks!

Old 02-25-2008, 02:51

I use button/craft thread to tie all my bows and to sew my korkers and I haven't had it break yet! It's tough and I got mine in the thread section of Walmart. Here's a link to it...I use white myself.
Coats & Clark Dual Duty Extra Strong Thread 75 yds.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlalex View Post
I use dental floss to tie my bows with. I haven't had any problems with it.
i use thr gator bite and waxed dental floss
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.