Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:37

Default thinking about getting the snapsetter tool

But I'm not sure what to get. I've been looking into making pacifier clips... many of the moms I know asked if I make them, so I think I'm going to give it a try. I need to find a template somewhere, too, I guess.

I have decided I want to use snaps instead of velcro, but don't know which tool I should get, and what size. There are also adapters, but I have no clue if I need any.

Do you have one? Any advice on what I should get just to make the clips?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2010, 02:43

Default Re: thinking about getting the snapsetter tool

I`ve made some paci clips and they been a hit but I`ve used the sew on snaps so i would love to know too what tool should we get to get a more pro look
Old 03-12-2010, 11:51

bump bump
Old 03-12-2010, 12:15

At Walmart, they have a snap tool. Just got one the other day for putting snaps on bibs. It's so easy. Just ask in the craft section. It looks like a large set of pliers and comes with some snaps.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiej View Post
At Walmart, they have a snap tool. Just got one the other day for putting snaps on bibs. It's so easy. Just ask in the craft section. It looks like a large set of pliers and comes with some snaps.
I have this tool too, I mainly use it to set snaps in my wallets and purses. I can't live without the thing. Much easier than that stupid blue snap setter they give you when you buy a package of snap that you have to set with a hammer...do you know how many times I have hammered my fingers? LOL

Old 03-12-2010, 03:41
Banned

i bought a cocadile from walmart. the other other place I have seen them is Hobby Lobby. It does eyelets and snaps.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiej View Post
I saw this last time I was there and wondered how well it worked! Great, something else for me to spend money on!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:01

I looked for one in walmart today but didn't see it. I looked where the snaps and eyelets were, but our walmart closest to us doesn't really have the best selection of craft stuff. I think I'll try hobby lobby and see what I can find there.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:28

i looked on ebay and this is what i found

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLASTIC-SNAP-PLI...item3a53aec55e

and the crop-a-dile

http://cgi.ebay.com/CROP-A-DILE-hole...item3cab0321b7

Hi im Liz or liza
Old 03-15-2010, 06:22

The best one that I've used is from snapsource.com. Fast shipping and perfect snap settings everytime. The other tool (dritz) that I used kept messing up my snaps :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
I looked for one in walmart today but didn't see it. I looked where the snaps and eyelets were, but our walmart closest to us doesn't really have the best selection of craft stuff. I think I'll try hobby lobby and see what I can find there.