new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:47

Default Re: Urgh! My bows keep coming off the clip!

I added pics to the original post to show what is happening. They don't completely come off, but I can separate the bow from the clip- sometimes very easily.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52

I personally haven't had any luck with hot glue and have done 99.5% of my bow stuff in Fabritac seems to adhere better for me anyways...some people don't like it but I couldn't LIVE WITHOUT IT! lol.
I personally can't remove a clip from a bow after the fabritac has been fully dried. I even gave one to my daughter and told her to rip it apart and she tried but couldn't . So thats good enuf for me!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:12

I have the same glue gun and have never had any problems with things coming off. The only thing I can think of (and I'm sure it's probably not it!) is to try the adtech brand of high temp glue sticks if you're not already. I use them all the time with the glue gun and things seem to hold really well. Never have to heat the gun up for more than 5 minutes first either.

The only other thing I can think of is curving the bow around onto the french clip and holding it for a minute or two while the glue sets if you're not already doing that. Might help ease up the tension of the clip and bow going in opposite directions.

Probably no help, just guess work here!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:26

I have to add like I have said many times before I'm NOT a fan of hot glue...I use a lot of FabriTac and E6000. The pictures you posted are how I put my centers on for all my bows even on my clips.

Diane
Old 03-10-2010, 03:18

with those kind of clips I glue and sew the bow to it.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38

use hot glue to "hold it at the center point then E-6000 the bugger... use regular clips to hold it in place to dry and that should take care of that problem...
Old 03-10-2010, 05:11

i was having that problem too and then i read an article and had a "duh" moment!! hot glue is meant to adhere porous to porous (ribbon to ribbon). it is NOT supposed to be used to glue non-porous to porous (metal to ribbon). SO . . . your best bet is a fabric or gem glue found in the jewelry section. the only problem that i have with it is that it doesnt dry quickly so you either have to hold it there for a minute or clamp it with a clothes pin or something like that. it's a total pain but it has definitely made a difference in the quality of my finished product.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:07
Banned

I have a reallly hard time with shiny ribbon sticking to shiny ribbon when using hotglue. I have to use E6000 for it to hold.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:05

I have a related question - can I glue mini bows (1.25") directly to a clip? I was going to put an embellishment in the centre instead of ribbon.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:09

Location: From Sumter SC, but residing in Diamondhead MS for now :)

I had this same problem...I did mine exactly like you do. I quit lining the french clip...idk why, but I haven't had a problem since. You would think ribbon to ribbon would adhere better, but it kept popping off for me. I use a cheapola high temp glue gun with high temp glue sticks. I just put glue on the clip, and hold the bow on there for a few seconds and then wrap the center around and it stays. HTH

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.