New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:28

Default needles and thread

hmm...i'm not very strong so i don't think i was the reason BUT...

i was pulling on the needle, tightening the center, and the eye of the needle broke! i thought the thread had broken but no...it was the eye of the needle!!! should i not use the button/carpet thread? it's nice and thick so i figured i'd be good to go...but now i'm not too sure......
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 03-02-2010, 12:38

Default Re: needles and thread

I use embroidery floss and use 2 strands at a time. Works great for me and is strong.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:43

You have to watch how skinny of a needle you use. if the eye is long you are more than likely having a good chance of breaking it...I use a thicker needle with a small little eye and have never had any problems...I used to use a skinny needle with a long eye long time ago cuz the skinny needle seemed to go thru the layers better but now I'd rather not break another needle due to the end of that one that I broke ended up in my eye! UGH. Not a fun experience! Bowmaking may be hazardous to your health! LOL.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfireshortie View Post
You have to watch how skinny of a needle you use. if the eye is long you are more than likely having a good chance of breaking it...I use a thicker needle with a small little eye and have never had any problems...I used to use a skinny needle with a long eye long time ago cuz the skinny needle seemed to go thru the layers better but now I'd rather not break another needle due to the end of that one that I broke ended up in my eye! UGH. Not a fun experience! Bowmaking may be hazardous to your health! LOL.
ouch! that was totally my fear once it happened a second time...the needles did have long eyes...easier to thread i figured but i'll heed your word!!!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.