5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:41

Default Re: Double sided tape

I only use it to line the clip- I wouldn't expect it to hold the bow or flower on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceface21 View Post
I have only ever used hot glue, I don't know why but glue just always seemed more professional or something to me..

I have seen some done with the tape and it looked great, but I have also seen some that didn't hold and the bow or flower just fell off...

I guess it just depends

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2010, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by davang1027 View Post
I only use it to line the clip- I wouldn't expect it to hold the bow or flower on.
I also use it to hold together two overlapping ribbons. Like when I want one smaller size to be on top of the bigger size. Works great for me that way too!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:27

so where do you girls get your tape at? Mainly were do you get the specialty tape? I am curious to try it. Any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24

I ordered mine from a girl on here. I can't remember her name.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by leximadimom1 View Post
so where do you girls get your tape at? Mainly were do you get the specialty tape? I am curious to try it. Any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/ribbo...alty-tape.html

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 04-09-2010, 03:02

Yay, my tape finally came! The mail from the US to Canada has been CRAZY SLOW lately, stuff is taking 2-3 weeks to get here, sheesh!

So excited to try it out... now I just have to go back through the boards and figure out the best way to use it

Thanks to everyone here, I never would have found out about stuff like this, never mind where to buy it or how to use it, without everyone here!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:05

I've become so hooked on the stuff not only do I buy it by the caseload to sell to others, I use it up like mad myself!!

At first I, too, was a little confused on how it was supposed to be quicker.

And maybe my way can still be improved but one thing is for sure: I actually ENJOY it now! Before, I would get the finished bows all lined up and then it would be grumble grumble, stupid clips LOL

What I do:

I cut my ribbon strips by the dozens. Dozens of the most used colors (korker bows are what I do, and 99% of korker bows will include either white, black, red, pink, or shocking pink!)

My husband heat seals all the ends (he actually does my heat sealing in general. ladies, this man was born with a gift. His heat sealed ends are to die for!)

So now I have a baggie full of sealed ribbons. I can go anywhere now to line clips! At DD's swim lessons, in the car (as the passenger of course LOL) you name it.

I prefer most to just sit on the couch and watch some 90210 Netflix DVDs however
I put a snack tray in front of me and line up 4-5 of the ribbons. Then I just use the tape to line them in a row. Thats something that takes a little practice with holding/applying the tape.

When those 4-5 are on the tape, I lay 4-5 more down (keeping the others on the tape and just sliding them off the table) and line those. Pretty soon I have this gigantic strip of ribbons attached to the tape.

I like this because I can also roll it up and take it and a pair of scissors with me someplace and its so easy to cut the ribbons apart! I cut the ribbon at the end. I can then either store it like that in the bag, or start to put them on clips. You probably with enough practice could skip the step of cutting them, and cut them after you put them on the clip, but I dont mind that part so much so I do it for now

I will say (like another posted mentioned!) that when I go to put the bow on, I will attempt to tug up the end on the pinchy part and put a dot of hot glue (because like her, I am OCD about it for some reason!) it it's cured awhile, its very tough to pull up. But since I am about to hot glue the bow to the clip anyways, it really is no big deal to make one tiny dot.

Phew, sorry for all the rambling

I am just excited to finally like this part of the bow!

If you need some to try, shoot me a PM or an email to [email protected]
I use the Specialty Tapes brand in the 1/4"! I just love it!!

~Karen

My PM Box is always kept full!

Shows & MrsSprinkle.com keep me busy!
(ask about the second one if you are interested in supplementing your show income, too!)
Old 04-21-2010, 06:38

I love the tape! Not that I'm a pro or anything, but I have tried glue and tape and the tape is just so much easier and it's CLEANER looking too. There is no hot glue messy spider web stuff all over the clippies - that looks so unprofessional.

Someone on here told how she lines them and I love it. I line a long piece of ribbon with the tape, use my wood tool to seal/cut the ribbon at 4.5" strips w/out burning thru the tape backing and then just peal and stick. It goes really fast.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:45

I have never used the double sided tape. Do y'all just use it to line alligator clips? I hate lining them, so this sounds so much easier and better. Where do I get the tape, which is the best and what width should I get?
Old 10-29-2010, 05:52

Korker Mom,

I am looking for 1/4" tape ASAP. Are you still selling it? If so, can you please tell me the price per roll, amount on the roll, and how quickly you could ship it? Thank you, Melanie

Last edited by MFALCO16; 10-29-2010 at 06:09.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif