New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:37

Default Re: Fabri-Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkath View Post
I love using fabric tac on the clippies!!! I have tried both hot glue and fabric tac and have had NO problems w/ the fabric tac, but have had to redo several of the hot glue ones. LOVE LOVE LOVE fabric tac.. It holds anything...almost
I SO agree!! I love it, and use it for everything!! I had the hardest time with hot glue, so was so happy to discover the Fabric tac.

OH, and mine does not have a brush either...........??
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 02-20-2008, 08:49

OMG ladies I am so so sorry. It didn't come with the brush...I bought it. I will try the acetone and see if that works.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:55

The syringe idea is a great one!! I have tons of them because my daughter used to take a daily med for her reflux and they would give me a new one everytime I refilled her prescription. Most of them I can't even use anymore for meds because the measurements have washed off.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimm57 View Post
The syringe idea is a great one!! I have tons of them because my daughter used to take a daily med for her reflux and they would give me a new one everytime I refilled her prescription. Most of them I can't even use anymore for meds because the measurements have washed off.
I'll have to give the syringe a try too, I also have a gazzillion of them from my daughters reflux days

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 02-20-2008, 09:05
Super Moderator

I bought some today so I am going to try it next time I make clips.

Wendi

Old 02-20-2008, 11:17
Mehsey

Question Re: Fabri-Tac

I've never tried Fabri-Tac. You all sound like its a great thing. You're sure it works better than the glue gun? Do you think it is better than E6000? I use the glue gun for ribbon and the E6000 to attach resins or embellishments.
Linda
Loop de Loop Hair Bowtique
Children's Hair Bows, Baby Accessories, Korker Bows. Wichita Falls, TX
Old 02-21-2008, 12:20

The E6000 is really stinky for alot of people. The glue gun is really hot for some people. I think Fabric Tac is a great medium.

I know for me- I like to sit in front of the TV with the kids and line clips. I can't do that with a glue gun and 3 bouncy kids on the couch. The Fabri-Tac works great for that!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:34

I don't make bows to sell, but have made a bunch for my girls, and the clips that I lined with fabri-tac have come undone...you know where you pinch...that part--do you think that I'm not using enough glue? I live in a cold climate so I'm not sure if that is why...but I bought hot glue for fabric and metal...that is AWESOME...they have not come apart!
Wanted to try Magna-Tac...but afraid to order it from ebay...can't find it locally. They say that is for metal and fabric.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia-mom View Post
I don't make bows to sell, but have made a bunch for my girls, and the clips that I lined with fabri-tac have come undone...you know where you pinch...that part--do you think that I'm not using enough glue? I live in a cold climate so I'm not sure if that is why...but I bought hot glue for fabric and metal...that is AWESOME...they have not come apart!
Wanted to try Magna-Tac...but afraid to order it from ebay...can't find it locally. They say that is for metal and fabric.

that is what I have heard, too. Can't find it locally, either. Well, it's not like I haven't ordered off the net before! Just hate ordering one thing and paying shipping and handling for only one item.

ISO: manners
Old 02-21-2008, 09:31

I hate the Fabric-Tac. I only use it if I have to. It is so messy, and sticky, and stringy, and takes forever to dry! I am a die-hard glue gun fan

Bows, Etc.
Handmade hair bows, clips, and headbands for all ages.

Kumihimo Woven Headband Instructions now available in my Etsy shop!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies