http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:08

Default Postage Scale Question-Please help

Hello. I was wondering how many of you have a postage scale to weigh packages or items from home before shipping? If you do, what kind do you have and where did you purchase it. I am looking to get one but don't what kind would be best.
For those of you that do not have one, do you just take yours to the P.O. to weigh?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2010, 10:27

Default Re: Postage Scale Question-Please help

I bought a WeighMax 50 lb scale on ebay for CHEAP!!! It covers all I need. Hope that helps.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:36

I bought my digital scale straight off the usps.com website. I weighs up to ten pounds which is more than I need. I bought it a few years ago but I believe it was around $29.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:39

I just got a digital one on ebay last night for $18 (thats with shipping) and it does up to 50lbs. Before I was taking them to the PO but it is so much easier to print them at home! I can't wait to not have to go to the PO LOL
Old 02-17-2010, 09:35

I have a digital scale that I got on ebay for $20 or so a long time ago. Holds up to 75 pounds and as little as an ounce. It is postal approved or whatever.

www.thequirkylittleboutique.com
Old 02-17-2010, 07:42

I have 3. One that goes up to 2 pounds, one that goes to 20 and one that goes to 200.

check your Goodwill as well. I got my 20 pound there for $2. Works great! None are digital though. My husband uses the 200 pound one for shipping small engines and such.

HTH a bit.

Last edited by Tabitha3; 02-18-2010 at 06:35.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoode2u View Post
Hello. I was wondering how many of you have a postage scale to weigh packages or items from home before shipping? If you do, what kind do you have and where did you purchase it. I am looking to get one but don't what kind would be best.
For those of you that do not have one, do you just take yours to the P.O. to weigh?
Thanks.
I dont have one yet but I know you can buy them from usps.com I think there like 30-40.00
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20

I have one, I would have to go look as see what brand, I can not remember off the top of my head.

I was told to always add an ounce to make sure it is accurate. In the manual it says plus or minus 1 ounce if the package is under 2 lbs and plus or minus 2 ounces if the item is 2-5 lbs.

The scale will only weigh up to 5lbs so if it is a large package I weigh in parts and add.

I weighed a package yesterday that was 1lb 2.4 ounces and when I went into the post office he said the weight out loud 1 lb 2.4 ounces. So I would say my scale is pretty accurate! LOL

*ok it is a DYMO and if I remember right it was $35 I got it at either office max or office depot (I always get those two confused )

Krista
Old 02-18-2010, 11:07

Thanks ladies. i bought one from Office Depo. It was $43 plus tax. Weighs up to 11lb packages.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:38

I got mine off amazon and I always add an ounce. Just cause if it were wrong, and it usually isnt, I dont want to repackage everything...so I do it to just be safe. I always ask the teller at the USPS to check and my scale is pretty accurate. I suggest buying one...soooo convenient!

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.