New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:51

Default Re: 101 ways to use your woodburner :)

....to cut out grosgrain leaves for my ribbon roses.

....to melt my plastic cutting board when I forget to make sure the glass is on top.

....to make antennas for my bug ribbon sculptures.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 02-03-2010, 06:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmombeth View Post
I put it through the middle of my bows to hold them together so I can cinch them up. It takes the place of sewing & they don't come apart.
Beth
Wow, never thought of doing that. What tip do you use? And how big of a hole does it make, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:37

LMAO you ladies are funny. I was thinking of getting one but now Im scared LOL
Old 02-08-2010, 05:06

Good thread idea...thanks for the info.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:04

Location: From Sumter SC, but residing in Diamondhead MS for now :)

seems like we do more damage with it than being productive, lol!!

I caught a towel on fire with mine thursday night Luckly it didn't hurt anything.
I usually have it on the stand on top of a piece of glass out of an 8x10 picture frame. I put a towel underneath to keep it from scratching the counertop. It fell over and was laying on the towel, & burnt a small part of the towel. Oh well, guess I need to pay better attention to what i'm doing
Old 02-08-2010, 08:39

I use mine to trim up little ends of thread that I find sticking out....careful, though, it's easy to burn the ribbon while you're doing it! I always forget to turn mine off, so I guess I use mine to test my sense of smell..."What's that smell? Oh, crap, I left the woodburner on again!" I left mine on all night the other night...shhhh, don't let DH know or my woodburner will be 'grounded'!

Joanne
Old 02-08-2010, 10:08

LMAO! These responses are hilarious! I've only used it once, to try to make nice round bottons for my snowmen and maybe eyes, but couldn't get them nice and round, and it made me made. I thought "what the heck to people use these are the time for?" I haven't used it since. I guess I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:58

I use the tip of the chisel one to burn a hole in my center. I usually just make a slit or 2 in it pending on the size.
BEth
Old 03-27-2010, 02:17
strawberrybaby

To entertain my husband.

You should ask my husband what he does with my woodburner. He has engraved every possible thing on my craft table.lol. My wooden clothes pins have his name engraved on them, he has burned a few plastic things with it. OMG I can't leave mine unattended around him...jijiji
Old 03-27-2010, 02:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrybaby View Post
To entertain my husband.

You should ask my husband what he does with my woodburner. He has engraved every possible thing on my craft table.lol. My wooden clothes pins have his name engraved on them, he has burned a few plastic things with it. OMG I can't leave mine unattended around him...jijiji
My husband also thinks its his toy... Men... I also just burned a huge hole in my carpet last week which made me think of this post. My husband says I did it on purpose because I have been begging for Hardwood Floors. He ordered me one of those flat iron holders to mount to the side of my desk so that it will be in there when its on. He is ssooo bossy!

ETA-- Do not put a woodburner in one of the flat iron holders- Im sure it will burn through. The only way to do this, that I know of, is to line it with something. My husband took the measurements of the inside of the one I have already for my flat iron and will be going to Lowes and have them cut some very thin sheets of steel so he can weld them together to make a small cup to fit inside so the woodburner would not burn through. I just wanted to add this because I dont want anyone spending $50-$60 thinking they can just throw the woodburner in there.

Last edited by rachie2531; 03-27-2010 at 03:10.
Sponsored Links