printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:21

Default Duck brand non-slip liners not sticking??

Has anyone else had a problem with there duck brand non-slip liners not sticking? I was just trying this brand out and I put one in my daughters bow and she pulled the bow out and the liner came completely off. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Or Should I also be gluing them down as well? I was trying to get away without gluing as it is so time consuming when you are making a bunch of them. Please HELP! I really want these to work for me. Is there a trick I am missing? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2010, 10:00

Default Re: Duck brand non-slip liners not sticking??

I use it, but I've not had any problems with it not sticking. I'm sorry you're having this problem, because it's really great stuff. When I stick it on I press really firmly on it, but you're probably doing that, too. When I first used it I hot glued it on, but now I just stick it on. Try a different piece and see how that works. I hope you can get it to work for you.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:27

Thanks! I was pressing really hard as well. When I rub my finger over where it starts it just starts to peal off??? I really hoping I can get it to stick I am so sick of gluing the shelf liners in! O ya I also tried another piece and it did the same. Anyone else have this problem as well or had the same problem then found out how to fix it?? PLEASE HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
I use it, but I've not had any problems with it not sticking. I'm sorry you're having this problem, because it's really great stuff. When I stick it on I press really firmly on it, but you're probably doing that, too. When I first used it I hot glued it on, but now I just stick it on. Try a different piece and see how that works. I hope you can get it to work for you.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41

bump! can anyone else help? PLEASE
Old 01-11-2010, 04:04

I have always glued mine inside the clips. What about taking your finished clips and clipping them onto a piece of cardboard or a hardcover book...this way it will pinch down on the liner and maybe help it to stick to the ribbon??? IDK, I wish I could help!

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 01-11-2010, 04:38

LOL! I actually thought about that. I am just trying to find a way not to glue them as it takes up so much time when I am getting ready for shows. But then again I won't sell something where the liner is going to peal off. KWIM? I may have to go back the to good old glue gun! AHH! I just wish they would stick! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3aminspirations View Post
I have always glued mine inside the clips. What about taking your finished clips and clipping them onto a piece of cardboard or a hardcover book...this way it will pinch down on the liner and maybe help it to stick to the ribbon??? IDK, I wish I could help!
Old 01-11-2010, 04:49

you're not the only one. It happened to mine with the liner at the beginning of the roll, if that makes sense. I wondered if it was an old box. Since then I have just applied a lot of pressure and allow a 24 hour "cure" time before using the bow or clippie.

ISO: manners
Old 01-11-2010, 04:52

Good to know someone else had this problem! I will try another part of the roll and see if it does the same. I hate to buy another roll just to see if its an "old roll" because they are like $8 a roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
you're not the only one. It happened to mine with the liner at the beginning of the roll, if that makes sense. I wondered if it was an old box. Since then I have just applied a lot of pressure and allow a 24 hour "cure" time before using the bow or clippie.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:48

Yep, mine done that same thing until I start glueing it on the clippie. I even clamped it down on a hard surface and left it for several days to "dry". Now I just use the shelf liner stuff .
Old 01-13-2010, 10:23

I always glued my on as well. However...http://www.nobownogo.com (Devon) has got some new FABULOUS pre-cut, pre-stickied (if that's a word) liners that fit perfectly on alligator clips on her site. Those suckers do NOT come off (so you have to be rather careful in your placement lol)