Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:48

Question Cricut Question?

I was woundering if you could make bow cards with it. My Grandparent got one for me for christmas to help with my bow making. I don't know how really. I found out from the company, the one I have will cut felt and fabric. I have no clue how to use it. LOL! I am hoping one of you that has one will shed some light on it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 01-05-2010, 03:21

Default Re: Cricut Question?

Anyone?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:25

Hmm....I thought none of the cricuts could cut felt??

Anyway, for the bow cards. I'm sure you could cut out a cute shapes/letters to glue to cards - but that is going to be a lot of work.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:35

I have a cutter that is much bigger than a Cricut and I've thought about designing some cards.

Are you wanting to make them out of cardstock? You should be able to just fine.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:28

Smile Re: Cricut Question?

have you gone to Cricut's website they have their own forum I am sure that would help with learning how to use it. I was thinking about getting one myself and the website answered a lot of questions for me.

www.cricut.com:)
Old 01-05-2010, 04:40

They all can cut felt, fabric, etc. You may need a deep cut blade and housing though it you are going to cut felt.

You could probably cut bow cards out of thin chipboard or cardstock. The chipboard would be much sturdier though.

Mommy to: Jackson (03/07), Kymberlin (08/08) Lincoln (02/10) Mason (09/11)
Old 01-07-2010, 01:14

I got one for xmas too from my dh and I feel bad cuz it is sitting in the box and I am thinking hmmmm.... what am I gonna do with that! I read that you all have seen that it can cut fabric so....singed flowers? Has anyone tried to cut fabric with one? does it work well? I watched the promo video for the cricus expression 24" and I didn't see them demo fabric cutting but they did mention it so I was wondering if they didn;t show it because it doesn't do that great of a job?
Old 01-07-2010, 11:10

I am more of a lurker than a poster but I have a cricut and use it for everything. I love it. You can cut fabric and like the previous posted stated if you go to the cricut message board you can do a search for cutting fabric. You may have to create an account to use the search feature but it only takes a second. You will find so many ideas there and if you post a question someone is sure to give you the answer you are looking for. As far as bow cards if you are cutting out of cardstock you could make them, if you are wanting to use the thin plastic I don't see why not as long as it is not too thick but again like the previous poster stated you may need a deep cut blade. Also look up info on design studio that you can use with cricut because that will give you more ways to work with the carts that you already have
Sorry for the short novel but I have found so many uses for mine and once you start using the cricut you will find so so many ways to use it
Old 01-07-2010, 12:55

I am a member on the cricut MB and you really can not cut felt well at all even with the deep cut blade. You can cut fabric though. The cricut is meant for paper so yes bow cards you can make however you may have to make a slit in the card for the bow. I made a ton of cards for different projects this past christmas with my cricut. Now the maker of cricut Provo Craft makes a cuttlebug which can cut felt it is a small hand crank machine for emboss and die cutting. hope that helps
Old 01-07-2010, 02:16

I have used mine to cut felt & fabric. It's worked great & I think it was an awesome purchase. It cuts best with wool felt & I do use a deep blade. Like the other posters said, it would definitely work for cutting out bow cards. I order mine through Vista Print because it's easier for me, but if you wanted to cut them out with the Cricut, you could.