http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:00

Smile New Glue Gun

I am new to bow making, but have been using a glue gun for years on many other crafts. I have had a problem with too much glue when making some of my clippies, but I found a "precision glue gun" at Hobby Lobby. Some of you may have already seen one, but the tip is as small as a ink pen, and it is able to put out a tiny amount of glue or a lot depending on what you want. The one I have is high temp and I love it!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2008, 05:25

Default Re: New Glue Gun

i just bought a glue gun at Hobby Lobby and I think I have the same one. It comes with a stand and a on/off switch. Its awesome. Love it!
Old 02-08-2008, 06:17

That is the one! It does not leave that big blob of glue. I can get under and in little folds, you are right it is awsome!
Old 02-08-2008, 06:22

is it a Surebonder?

ISO: manners
Old 02-08-2008, 09:15

Yes, it is the Surebonder H-185. I think the cord is like 6 or 8 feet long and it has a longer tip that reaches into the bow if I need to tac a spot. I have really fell in love with it. I am going to try and attach a link to the Surebonder page, I hope it works.

Surebonder: Hot Melt Adhesive, Glue Sticks, Glue Gun, Blind POP Rivets
Old 02-08-2008, 10:58

I have that one...I hope this doesn't happen to yours!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sure bonder sure dribbles.JPG (76.1 KB, 52 views)

Old 02-09-2008, 08:21

Joan ~ that was my exact same problem with glue guns. I can't tell you how many different ones I tried. They all start out GREATTT but start getting gunked up and leaking within a short amount of time. I figure you get what you pay for, so I always shelled out some dough for a good glue gun. Welp, the *BEST* one I've used ever is sitting right here on my desk... a cheapo glue gun that cost me $2 at JoAnn's
Old 02-10-2008, 10:13

I know! They start off great...and then...

I want to get the one Rene has, it is Aeleen's. But I haven't found it in any of our stores, so I will probably order on line. It comes with different tips, including a little one for precision lining.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI View Post
I think I know which one you are talking about, I saw it the other day in Michaels for $25.00 (I think) I was so tempted to get it, but I had just bought new one, so didn't want to waste the money. I'm just waiting for this one to break (which I know it will) and as soon as it's long and gone I will be running to Michaels to get one.
There are two Michaels in towns near me. I have been to both and they don't carry them or they are sold out. News travels fast!

Old 02-10-2008, 01:41

Mine is only two weeks old, will eventually start leaking I am sure, but I don't use the holder. I lay it on its side and have had little or no drip at this point, and I forget and leave the thing on for hours on end (sometimes 10 hours or more). I will even trade the tiny tip to get into little spots for a little drip. I have just never used one with the precsion tip and I am in love with it!
Sponsored Links