http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:44

Default Re: I am so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsP.net View Post
Oh! I dont have a sticky stabilizer... I also just realized that I dont have thread LOL. On my way to JoAnns!
if you're gonna do appliques you may also want to pick up some 505 sticky spray on!

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2009, 12:47

What is that for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davang1027 View Post
if you're gonna do appliques you may also want to pick up some 505 sticky spray on!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:54

Quote:
I had so much fun with it last night. I got the sewing machine part set up and I did a couple of appliques with it. It sews a little smoother than my old hand me down machine. My goal today is to get the embroidery part set up and play....all day. I ordered some wholesale shirts and paid extra to have them delivered by Thursday.

It came with some images loaded in it but then it also has a disk with a ton more on it. To embroidery on ribbon I need a really small hoop right? It came with a really large one and a smaller one but someone told me I should get a 2x2 hoop for ribbon.
I use my 5x7 hoop to embroider ribbon, as well. I hoop my ribbon, but I'm sure you don't have to. Since the sticky stabilizer is so expensive here ($45 a package ) I decided that was too much for my pockets. So, when I embroider ribbon for key fobs I use cutaway stabilizer and use Craft Bond spray adhesive to adhere the ribbon to the stabilizer. I ran out of my Sulky temporary adhesive spray and the Craft Bond was what I had on hand. It's worked really well, so I keep using it. It hasn't gummed up my needle, so far. When I embroider ribbon for hair bows I use a tear away stabilizer since I am usually just embroidering one or two letters and it doesn't pucker. It looks nicer on the back of the ribbon, too.

For embroidering ribbon: Good adhesion of the ribbon to the stabilizer, a #8 or #9 size needle, and slow the speed of your machine are good tips to minimize puckering and to get your embroidery to look clean and smooth. I'm no expert or anything, but I've embroidered a butt load of ribbon in the past few weeks for key fobs and hair bows and this is what's worked for me. Here are some pics of the bajillion key fobs I've embroidered: http://www.flickr.com/photos/makemesassy
Old 12-22-2009, 01:02

Quote:
What is that for?
to hold the fabric that you're appliqueing (sp?? is that right!?) down to the shirt or whatever you're attaching it to.

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 12-22-2009, 05:25

I went to the fabric store and there was a really nice lady that showed me everything. She even demonstrated. Now I just need my DD to take a nap and I can get to work!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:31

Quote:
Now I just need my DD to take a nap and I can get to work!
THAT is the story of my life!!!

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 12-22-2009, 09:59

I just got a Singer Futura as a gift from my grandmother too!! I've had it about 2 weeks and soooo confused!! I've even gotten my husband envoled (he's more patient then me with this kind of stuff). This thread has been really helpfull, thank you! I might be making a trip to JoAnn's from some pointers too - still haven't been able to make a single thing with it....

Old 12-22-2009, 10:20

LoL! It's almost like a "tool" I guess. Guys, for some reason, like trouble shooting?? He's printed out things from the internet on different tips and has me read them. He was a little more into it then me at some points. My grandmother is coming over Christmas Day and I know she's going to want to see what I've made... do I have the excuse that it takes 2 weeks to figure it out before you can "make" something??
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
OMG I made my husband figure it out too. I was really calm and patient and then he left my side to cook dinner... I made him come back right away and finish figuring it out.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:22

I have not been able to set up the embroidery part yet, I wanted to sort of go one step at a time and I have figured out the sewing part. I did a few appliques and pillow dresses.

Check to see if there is a Hancocks with a Bernina kiosk inside it. This is the lady that showed me everything.Super nice! She was shocked at the great deal I got.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif