http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:40

Default Re: Why are templates SO expensive? :(

Templates are expensie b/c those that developed them dedicated their time and resources to bringing them to market.

I LOVE the NBNG templates. I considered them an investment in my business. I did not have time to learn by trial and error, I needed quality instructions and that is what I got with NBNG. Both the instructions and the templates rock, and personally, I think they are worth every.single.penny and them some. I guess I just don't see how $40, $60, even $100 is lot of money when you are planning on using them to make bows, that you will them sell...these pay for themselves!

In addition, Devon has been available to me on more than one occassion to answer specific questions I have had, as I am sure she is to anyone that purchases her product.

FWIW, my dh is in the process if getting something patented and it is VERY expensive...yes, about the cost of a downpayment on a very nice house. I commend the women that follow through with their ideas and make an awesome product available to us.

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:50

Devon is my shero! I didn't have a clue how to make a bow until I got her templates and instructions. Now, I'm known around town as the Bow Queen. Woohoo! Her templates are definitely worth the investment. They paid for themselves with my very first order. I can whip out bow after bow in no time with her templates. Devon's instructions tells you to use alligator clips, as well. Invest in a good set of tools like the NBNG templates because later on you'll keep shelling out the bucks when the inexpensive products start to breakdown. I bought the 12 template set with the instructions and it has been an amazing product, for me. Thanks, Devon! You rock!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:55

I too have to sing the praises of No bow No go!!!

I bought them because i wanted to really ramp up the quality of my bows. At first my bows were ok but I really knew I needed to get templates because as a perfectionist I was never really happy with my own bows. They were always off by a bit. When I got the instructions I was so so happy. It has everything laid out and has very nice pictures. I was able to pump out hundreds of bows in no time.

And at times I have had questions with something and Devon has been very quick to answer them. I say No BowNo Go ROCKS!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 12:01

Your TNT is the best I've ever had in bow making. I actually just showed them to my friend who is new to bowmaking and she's amazed too. I love the instruction since they are soooooooo clear, too bad I didn't paid for the color printing so I can't really see your few last pages of the spikey bows instruction. (I didn't have a printer that time ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBowNoGo View Post
As a template seller I can help to answer this question. There is so much that goes into getting a product from an idea to market.
For me, there was more than a year of design, testing, getting samples from different manufacturers, writing the instructions, etc. (For some others... they just wait until someone else does all the work and copy) Did I just say that???
There were several alterations on the design and material alone (I did learn that acrylic shatters... lol) and I went through 3 manufacturers before finding the right one. The first one I paid close to $700 for the samples and did not like them, so that was just a loss.
My first orders have been small because I can't afford to order hundreds of thousands of templates, so I pay a lot more per template. If some major company came in and bought a million sets they'd be dirt cheap, but when you order smaller qty's they are a lot more. They are also very heavy when you put a bunch of them in a box and the shipping is OUTRAGEOUS!
By the time you calculate all the costs involved, fees you pay, and taxes, I can guarantee you nobody's getting rich off of them. And for those of us (ahem... me and Karyn who put a lot of effort into the instructions you get with it, that alone is worth a lot too.
I know a lot of people who sell their instructions for the same price as I sell my templates AND instructions, so I feel like it's a pretty good deal that you're getting an actual product as well and not just an ebook.
And for those of you that make your own, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Some will make them and some will buy... it's just a preference. I personally couldn't stand my floppy cardboard I started with and wobbly plastic that closed up in the center when I wrapped ribbon around it. I was determined to find something solid and sturdy and went on a mission which led me to where I am now. I did make my spiral bound book available in print for those who have their own templates but need instructions just for this reason.
Oh, and did I mention the trademark and patent? That's some BIG bucks there. I could have put a down payment on a house for what I spent on the patent, but wanted to protect my idea instead (So here I sit in this dumpy rent house ). The trademark protects my biz name and the patent will protect my template design when finalized. Can't wait for that day! Talk about a CELEBRATION!
I'm sure that's much more than you ever wanted to know... hehehehe
Sorry... but I could talk about this stuff all day. Have any other questions??? I'm an open book.
Devon

Wholesale Headbands, Rolled/Dainty Flowers, and Duchesse Flowers.

21 Satin colors and 20 Grosgrain colors. PM me for more details.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBowNoGo View Post
As a template seller I can help to answer this question. There is so much that goes into getting a product from an idea to market.
For me, there was more than a year of design, testing, getting samples from different manufacturers, writing the instructions, etc. (For some others... they just wait until someone else does all the work and copy) Did I just say that???
There were several alterations on the design and material alone (I did learn that acrylic shatters... lol) and I went through 3 manufacturers before finding the right one. The first one I paid close to $700 for the samples and did not like them, so that was just a loss.
My first orders have been small because I can't afford to order hundreds of thousands of templates, so I pay a lot more per template. If some major company came in and bought a million sets they'd be dirt cheap, but when you order smaller qty's they are a lot more. They are also very heavy when you put a bunch of them in a box and the shipping is OUTRAGEOUS!
By the time you calculate all the costs involved, fees you pay, and taxes, I can guarantee you nobody's getting rich off of them. And for those of us (ahem... me and Karyn who put a lot of effort into the instructions you get with it, that alone is worth a lot too.
I know a lot of people who sell their instructions for the same price as I sell my templates AND instructions, so I feel like it's a pretty good deal that you're getting an actual product as well and not just an ebook.
And for those of you that make your own, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Some will make them and some will buy... it's just a preference. I personally couldn't stand my floppy cardboard I started with and wobbly plastic that closed up in the center when I wrapped ribbon around it. I was determined to find something solid and sturdy and went on a mission which led me to where I am now. I did make my spiral bound book available in print for those who have their own templates but need instructions just for this reason.
Oh, and did I mention the trademark and patent? That's some BIG bucks there. I could have put a down payment on a house for what I spent on the patent, but wanted to protect my idea instead (So here I sit in this dumpy rent house ). The trademark protects my biz name and the patent will protect my template design when finalized. Can't wait for that day! Talk about a CELEBRATION!
I'm sure that's much more than you ever wanted to know... hehehehe
Sorry... but I could talk about this stuff all day. Have any other questions??? I'm an open book.
Devon
well said! I bought your instructions and I love love love love love them and recommend them to everyone who is searching for templates. I've even experimented and use your templates to make a tuxedo bow! They come out perfect every single time!

www.thequirkylittleboutique.com
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg