Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:57

Default templates

So I have decided to purchase the NBNG templates and E-book but I wasn't sure which one to get because it doesn't show which templates come with it. I was thinking about purchasing the 9 template set. Does anyone know which templates come with that set and if it is a good set to get??
Old 11-14-2009, 07:44

Default Re: templates

That's the set I got and a lot of people get. The template sizes refer to finished bow sizes. That set will allow you to make all of the bows, in the ebook, from 2" to 6". You'll get templates in: 2", 2.5", 3", 3.5", etc. Honestly, this should allow you to make all the sizes you want, unless you're looking to make 8" bows . I've only purchased one supplemental template, and that was the 1 1/2" template. If you're looking for other sizes 1 1/2" or bigger than 6", you can purchase them individually). I love my NBNG set, and I'm sure you will, too!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
That's the set I got and a lot of people get. The template sizes refer to finished bow sizes. That set will allow you to make all of the bows, in the ebook, from 2" to 6". You'll get templates in: 2", 2.5", 3", 3.5", etc. Honestly, this should allow you to make all the sizes you want, unless you're looking to make 8" bows . I've only purchased one supplemental template, and that was the 1 1/2" template. If you're looking for other sizes 1 1/2" or bigger than 6", you can purchase them individually). I love my NBNG set, and I'm sure you will, too!

Thank you SO much! I was so confused, I thought that it was only certain bows you could make depending on which sets you bought. I am much happier now that I know I can make all the bows! lol

I am going to purchase this now!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:54

You're welcome! Enjoy
Old 11-15-2009, 12:13

So I purchased the NBNG off of Etsy and it said that it came with the e-book. How do I download the e-book and where do I do it at?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
So I purchased the NBNG off of Etsy and it said that it came with the e-book. How do I download the e-book and where do I do it at?
I purchased mine off of their website, but for the Etsy purchase, I'm sure they will email it to you.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:06

not to hijack but I am also considering this, what other gadgets do I need with it such as clips, etc. Is there any oher "things" I will need with this after I get it home and want to make a bow and then say Oh I have to still have this. Hope that makes sense.

janis
Old 11-16-2009, 05:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
not to hijack but I am also considering this, what other gadgets do I need with it such as clips, etc. Is there any oher "things" I will need with this after I get it home and want to make a bow and then say Oh I have to still have this. Hope that makes sense.

janis

You don't *need* anything else. If you want to use the NBNG method of sewing the creases, you just need your ribbon (of course , needle & thread (the ebook also advises that you use 2 or 3 alligator clips with non-slip grip to hold your ribbon to the template, but I just use 2 fully lined velvet alligators). If you want to try something like the gator bite, or a big Sally's clip to hold your bow while you wrap the center with elastic, wire, etc., then that's up to you. I personally sew my creases, according the NBNG method, and have found it the best method for perfect creases. HTH
Old 11-16-2009, 11:53

I bought that set too.... I looooove it! I'd be lost without it.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:04

I have the NBNG. I have found it great for making pom poms and cutting ribbon to lengths that I want it. I also use it for some of my bows to make sure that they are the same length on both sides and then the gator bite to crease

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Sponsored Links