key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:56
BowsandKisses

Default Which Templates should I buy?

I want to order some templates today. How many do you have? I was trying to figure out if I should order the 4 piece or the 9 piece? Or should I wait until I have more money and buy the 12 pieces?

Do you use the TNT templates or the ones from LAMB or somewhere else?

Which templates do you use the most? Suggestions appreciated.

I really need something to do the easiest twisted bows possible. Those are the only ones that give me grief.

Last edited by BowsandKisses; 10-24-2009 at 04:01.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2009, 04:26

Default Re: Which Templates should I buy?

I have the 9-piece TNT ones (I loooove them!) Hoestly, some people still have problems doing the twisted with the TNT (which you mostly do off the template, but the instructions are great!). I have no problem doing the twisted with these, and I couldn't do one to save my life before I got them! I mostly do basic boutiques, twisted boutiques, and pinwheels with these templates. Even folds every time! I highly recommend them
Old 10-24-2009, 06:30

Love love love my NBNG templates but I did order the twisted templates set (from Karyn at littlepinkladybug) and will hopefully get it soon! So I can't give a review on it but I have heard WONDERFUL things about it and you acutally make the bow on the template and I think that'll help more. I have the 9 piece NBNG set and it's perfect sizes!!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:02

I have the TNT and i really do like them. it took some practice to make the twisted boutique but now i've got it. i also started sewing my bows and that helps a lot. i was just tying them off but sewing makes a big difference.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyte View Post
I have the TNT and i really do like them. it took some practice to make the twisted boutique but now i've got it. i also started sewing my bows and that helps a lot. i was just tying them off but sewing makes a big difference.

yea i totally agree with this i was tying mine too but i love my tht templates i got the 9 piece too =) love them!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:10

what's TNT? i've always just made my own templates but i'm sure these would look much better! i've been on a spending spree with this stuff so why not add some templates!!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookilicious View Post
what's TNT? i've always just made my own templates but i'm sure these would look much better! i've been on a spending spree with this stuff so why not add some templates!!
It's the No Bow No Go TNT templates. They are wonderful!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:05

i would suggest karyn's twisted bbm kit if you're a beginner. they're real easy to use even for a novice like me!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princesses View Post
It's the No Bow No Go TNT templates. They are wonderful!
DITTO! I love my NBNG TNT Templates! Use them all the time and the bows come out very nicely. As someone mentioned above, most of the twisted is done off the template, but the template helps you make sure you get very even loops. HTH!!
Need wholesale supplies? Shabby chic flowers, satin mesh flowers, vintage lace flowers, glitter ribbon, FOE, chiffon lace flowers, shabbies, headbands and more! Outstanding Service and Prices at http://www.pinklilywholesale.com

Join our Pink Lily Wholesale Group on Facebook!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:35

For twisteds, I use LittlePInkLadybug's twisted template.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ller_usernames

Tells you how to make twisted sewing, tying or using gator bite. I can make twisted easily and quickly now!! They were my arch enemy before this template!!
Sponsored Links