Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:53

Default Re: Cricket Expression????

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyshayngirl View Post
I got the smaller one a few years ago the day after thanksgiving for like $100. I never used it, never opened it even...so this past spring I decided to take it back to walmart, since that's where I got it...and it sells for $187! I just exchanged it for the expression and paid the difference. I have used it for everything. Cutting vinyl, construction paper, scrapbook paper, etc. It's wonderful...not sure how I lived with out it.

One recommendation for those that own it or want to own it. My frustration was with having to buy a different cartridge for every freaking font/graphic! It's was too expensive. Buy Sure Cuts Alot (SCAL). It's $75 for 2 downloads. It's designed like cricuts design studio software that sells for $65-$100! What's great about it is that there are thousands of free fonts and dingbats available online. Super easy to download them too. You need one catridge to plug into your cricut, and all cricuts come with one cartridge! Use a USB cord to connect to computer and voila!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me!
Where did you get your SCAL? That's what I am about to order. I was going to buy on ebay.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2009, 12:13

DO I want the Cricut or the Sizzix? Whats the diference? I want to make my own felt flowers and shapes...
Old 10-09-2009, 01:18

I bought mine from http://www.craftedge.com/products/products.html

Cricut does not cut felt and I don't know anything about Sizzix!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:30

hopefully i'll make bank at this show and i can save the money for black friday. i'm always at walmart at 4am shopping that day anyway!!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:40

they had the smaller cricut that was their holiday bundle that came with 2 cartridges 2 years ago. My SIL and I went to walmart specifically for them...$100 each. Like I said before, I never used mine cuz I wasn't sure what to do with it, but also didn't have the money to buy cartridges. When I found SCAL, I returned my unopened Cricut and got $184 store credit and paid the difference for the expression...and I am so glad I did that! lol
Old 10-09-2009, 09:10

I belong to a scrapbook board, and ladies I know on there use it and love it. BUT...... installing SCAL voids the manufacturer's warantee on your machine. Just a heads up for those who aren't aware of that fact.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:47

I bought one and returned it!!! It wouldnt cut, It ripped the paper every time and I was so disapointed!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_BowLady View Post
OMG thank you fro posting that! I LOVE my cricut but have gotten tired of using the same font for everything!!!

I have an Expression and actually spend hours on the MB for them just be aware that there are 2 software programs out here SCAL is a program not made by the same company PROVOCRAFT(PC) if something goes wrong with the cricut, it voids your warranty. the CDS CRICUT DESIGN STUDIO is great but it is not compatible with a MAC just a windows based system. Also they have a new system that attaches to your cricut similar to CDS but it is portable, expensive though just like buying 2 cricuts. Yikes. If you but cartridges that are used be careful because if you want that new system which is called a GYPSY, and that used cart was already used in another GYPSY it will not work in yours however it still will work in the cricut. Lots of info I know but the expression has been great. Just one more hint, the craft stores have the carts on sale for about $40 alot but you usually can find deals on ebay that are better. EVEN on Craigslist there is a lady that sells them new to me for $30 I also found the DS for $10 by my house the other day but can not use it because I have a mac unless I get Mac software to make it compatible

Last edited by doodlebugs; 10-09-2009 at 11:13. Reason: more info
Old 10-09-2009, 11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueCute View Post
DO I want the Cricut or the Sizzix? Whats the diference? I want to make my own felt flowers and shapes...
SIXXEX is not electronic I am sooo glad I have the Cricut. Also with Cricut they have 1 cart that has several images and options on it where as sissex each image is on its own
Old 10-09-2009, 12:08

how long is a warranty on the cricut good for? and how would they know that you downloaded SCAL...it's not downloaded to your cricut machine, it's downloaded to your computer. I would rather spend the one time $75 and be able to get FREE fonts and dingbats then pay even $30 for a cart. just something to think about.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies