Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2009, 08:34
suziesqtcreations's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,151
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

I made some velvet clippies and those little things stayed in super great. I've not used velvet to line with, but I think that would work. I'm also not sure if that would be very cost efficient, but I thought that I would just throw in my two cents.
Suzie
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2009, 08:44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,475
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziesqtcreations View Post
I made some velvet clippies and those little things stayed in super great. I've not used velvet to line with, but I think that would work. I'm also not sure if that would be very cost efficient, but I thought that I would just throw in my two cents.
Suzie
I agree - I just made some velvet ones too and like how they stay. You're right though, probably not cost effective. Thanks for your 2 cents! = )
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37
pookilicious's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 182
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

can you use gripzies on snap clips or will it get in the way of the snap? if not, for those of you who use snap clips, do you add anything to make them slip free?

thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2009, 04:01
shelby2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria, Louisiana
Posts: 588
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

I decided to go with someone's suggestion and try the Duck Hold-It carpet tape. I looove it! It's clean and professional looking. I bought Wendy's instructions and I didn't like the messy look of the silicone method. I'm painfully OCD and could not get past how unsmooth it looked in the pictures. Plus, I didn't want to have to deal with the drying time for the silicone. I'm sure it's a great method, but the Duck Hold-It has been great for me. I got it at WalMart for $8.97 for a huge roll that will probably last me a while. You can cut it to the width and length you want.

You can get a free sample from Hip Girl: http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...oducts_id=5713

Also, there is a demonstration video on how well it works: http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...oducts_id=4878
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2009, 08:51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 108
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

I was just thinking about getting gripzies for my double clips! I am so glad I read this, thanks for posting and all the sharing! I noticed on the double prong clips that there is a little gap, not as tight as single IMO. I just bought a pack and have been using them.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2009, 11:12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 141
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

I tried Gripzies. They work great at first. My problem with them is that they flatten out very quickly, and are no longer useful. They don't bounce back. They do not last very long.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2009, 04:46
Ste1977's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,256
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

I use the duck hold it tape and it works great. My niece has had some of her clippies with it for about a year now and they still stay in her barely there hair
__________________
S'te

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2009, 05:13
lilredsmiles's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The beautiful pacific northwest baby!
Posts: 1,760
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

I second the Duck Hold-it Carpet tape!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
I decided to go with someone's suggestion and try the Duck Hold-It carpet tape. I looove it! It's clean and professional looking. I bought Wendy's instructions and I didn't like the messy look of the silicone method. I'm painfully OCD and could not get past how unsmooth it looked in the pictures. Plus, I didn't want to have to deal with the drying time for the silicone. I'm sure it's a great method, but the Duck Hold-It has been great for me. I got it at WalMart for $8.97 for a huge roll that will probably last me a while. You can cut it to the width and length you want.

You can get a free sample from Hip Girl: http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...oducts_id=5713

Also, there is a demonstration video on how well it works: http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...oducts_id=4878
__________________
Moderator for Ribbonheaven. Click here to learn more about RibbonHeaven!



Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2009, 06:53
Mom2Girls~Christina's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 188
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

I LOVE the duck hold it carpet tape...it works WONDERFUL!! my girls clips stay in sooo much longer, it looks really neet and it super cheap and one roll will last a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2009, 08:50
mabear74's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenwood, IN
Posts: 4,091
Default Re: Will Gripzies support a stacked bow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsweet View Post
I tried Gripzies. They work great at first. My problem with them is that they flatten out very quickly, and are no longer useful. They don't bounce back. They do not last very long.

I have found this too......
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger