New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:48

Default Re: Brillant bow maker or no bow no go... ????

Thank you for you help!!!

I'm going to buy NBNG....

Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2009, 12:46

Excellent choice! I absolutely love my NBNG templates - I use them every day!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:42

Smile Re: Brillant bow maker or no bow no go... ????

ok, i am really behind here, help. is no bow no go just an instruction book or is it a "tool"? what do they mean by "template"? i make a good basic hair bow and am ready for the next step but honestly i am so stupid when it comes to following directions about these things. i feel like i am back in junior high math class - i start to glaze over and drool. so when you say this is really easy, after what i have just told you, how easy? sally
Old 09-14-2009, 06:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldwal View Post
ok, i am really behind here, help. is no bow no go just an instruction book or is it a "tool"? what do they mean by "template"? i make a good basic hair bow and am ready for the next step but honestly i am so stupid when it comes to following directions about these things. i feel like i am back in junior high math class - i start to glaze over and drool. so when you say this is really easy, after what i have just told you, how easy? sally
YOU CAN DO IT!! I think in a couple years my 1 1/2 year old can do it lol.
It is so easy to follow and the templates are a tool- a very very good one! The twisted still take some effort and practice but every other kind of bow is pretty much perfect the 1st time.
HTH

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 09-14-2009, 09:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldwal View Post
The NBNG system is a set of plastic templates (around which you wrap the ribbon to make different bows). You also get a very comprehensive instruction manual (either ebook or printed book) that takes you step by step through the process (i.e. how to wrap the ribbon for different bows, what length to use for different sizes, what size ribbon works best for different size bows, how to sew the center to make perfect creases, etc.) I seriously couldn't make a decent bow without these, and now I sell my items through a local store. Trust me (and all the others who use this system), you'll love them!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:16

I've been thinking and looking at nbng for a while now. I may just have to bite the bullet!

Mommy to: Jackson (03/07), Kymberlin (08/08) Lincoln (02/10) Mason (09/11)
Old 09-15-2009, 04:05

That was very helpful. i am also a started and i cannot decide between the nobownogo or the brilliant bow maker. i know how to fold the ribbon in different ways and i know the measurments of the differnt bows i just cannot get my bows to twist. i tried sewing, elastic thread, an alligator clip, embroidery floss and they look perfect b4 i tie them and when i finally twist it, they look horrible. So would i be better off with the brilliant bow template or the NObownogo?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53

very helpful explanations! thank you everyone - i am off to find the nbng.
sally
Old 09-19-2009, 11:45

im also interested to see what everyone says here..
Old 09-26-2009, 12:02

In the description for the NBNG, it says "Just wrap your ribbon, stitch up the center notch and tighten." Does that mean that you can't just tie it off, you have to stitch with a needle & thread? I am wanting to get as much info as possible before I invest in a template set Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif