http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:10

Default cutting felt or fabric w/ cuttlebug

has anyone used their cuttlebug for cutting wool or craft felt or upholstery weight fabric? no one in the stores seems to know how well these work even tho it says on the box that they are capable of cutting fabric. i have heard mixed reviews on product blogs. would like to hear what any of you have to say. thanx! sally
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 02:47

Default Re: cutting felt or fabric w/ cuttlebug

It works fine. That is what most use when you see the "perfect" shaped felt clippy flowers, etc.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:48

I use my Sizzix BigKick (can use Cuttlebug dies with it when using the multipurpose platform) without any problems. I LOVE IT!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:03

I had gotten a cuttlebug but couldn't find any cute dies for it locally so I returned it (people at the store didn't have a clue what the difference was in any of the machines) and bought a sizzix bigkick too. I LOVE IT!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:26

I have the big kick too and love it. I thought about getting the cuttlebug but decided the big kick would be worth the extra money.
Yvonne
Old 09-09-2009, 11:35

I have a Cricut Expression but I have yet to try it on felt. I love it for my scrapbooking, etching, wall art, decoupage, and making signs. I don't use it often anymore due to bows and tutus, but I still get really excited when a customer asks for something that requires me to use it! I think after the pinata, tutu, 10 bows, and diaper cake I'm working on that I have a reason to use it now, to try and cut felt!!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:40

I was going to get the personal cutter too but after seeing the price of each cartridge, and since I wanted it primarily for felt and fabric flowers, I just opted for the sizzix but let us know how it goes. And do you do signs with the cricut? Like wooden plaques for rooms? I may need to buy some stencils from ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3girls123 View Post
I have a Cricut Expression but I have yet to try it on felt. I love it for my scrapbooking, etching, wall art, decoupage, and making signs. I don't use it often anymore due to bows and tutus, but I still get really excited when a customer asks for something that requires me to use it! I think after the pinata, tutu, 10 bows, and diaper cake I'm working on that I have a reason to use it now, to try and cut felt!!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:04

what are the cartridges called to make the felt flowers?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:08

Smile Re: cutting felt or fabric w/ cuttlebug

wow, you guys are great! it looks like i will check into the sizzix before i buy the cuttlebug. i was interested in the cuttlebug because of the price i must admit. i broke down and bought an embroidery sewing machine about 3 mos ago so another investment, even $150.00 is not really enticing. i dont know what the flower cartridges are called but i saw maybe 3 of them at micheals for 15.00 and several more for a lot less on line. several people on etsy sell the cartridges. i also found someone on etsy willing to sell me cut flowers out of felt for a great price which i may start with - at least until i purchase one of the machines and get the bugs worked out. i HATE reading directions! thanks again for your input! Sally
Old 09-10-2009, 04:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnponders View Post
The cricut will not cut felt.
Even with the deep cut blade? I've cut through some pretty thick card stock so I thought there was a chance it would work. And I have a program that allows me to design my own images so I don't have to use the cartridges. Oh and for you cuttlebug and sizzix users, I was at HL today and one of the workers was putting out recently clearanced dies(or carts or whatever you call them for those). Just though I'd let ya'll know so you can check into your local stores.
Sponsored Links

Tags
cuttlebug, fabric, felt