Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:46

Default Double-stick tape love/hate relationship! Mini rant

Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship with this stuff??!! Urghh! I am just not confident in its durability. I love how it looks, but it is just not holding up! I used it on a clip for my niece and she chewed on it and the ribbon came off in a big patch. I was able to smooth it back down, but I know it will continue to happen now. Then I made my daughters some stacked bows and lined the clips with the tape. The weight of the bow is totally pulling the ribbon off the clip! WTF!? Those of you who uses the tape do you only use it for plain clippies? And still use hot glue for your bigger bows?

I have never purchased the actual Sealah brand. I don't know if it would make a difference or not. I bought some of the stuff at Wal-mart, terrifically tacky tape or something to that effect. I bought it in the scrapbooking aisle. I also bought some off this forum that was Sealah-like (not bad mouthing their product). I am pretty confident that I am using it correctly- cut my ribbon, cut my tape, apply one side to the ribbon, rub it with my fingers a few times to warm it up and then line my clip, then I rub back over the clip a few times.

I'm so frustrated. I hate to go back to the glue gun, but I don't know what else to do. I am mortified that my customers have had the same issues as I have with the bows I have made with the tape. I know the hot glue doesn't look as nice, but at least it stays on!
Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2009, 12:12

Default Re: Double-stick tape love/hate relationship! Mini rant

I only use a piece of it for the top and I use hot glue on the other surfaces including gluing the "sides" to secure the whole thing but keep the top "smooth" looking.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:38

I have had a few come loose, but those I know were touched by fingers before they were stuck down. The rest have stayed on well. I also had a problem with e-6000. I glued flowers to clips, and the sticky tape just plain melted. I had to let it dry and use hot glue to secure the ribbon to the clip. I've switched to a new glue and don't have the problem anymore.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:40

On my stacked bow, it is the top that is totally lifting! I've been lining the whole clip with the tape except for the piece that wraps around the back. I still hot glue in the spring piece (the pinch) and then the piece that wraps around the back to finish it off. I definitely didn't trust the tape on those parts. But good grief if I have to spend all this time getting the tape ready (rubbing and rubbing) and then still have to do all this gluing! Urghh!

How long have you been using the tape? Is it actual Sealah and have you had any problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloswhim View Post
I only use a piece of it for the top and I use hot glue on the other surfaces including gluing the "sides" to secure the whole thing but keep the top "smooth" looking.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:07

I totally understand your frustrations!

I use both glue and Shealah brand tape. I do tend to use the glue on the bigger bows, as ultimately, I do think it is more secure.

I have seen ribbon come loose from both tape and glue if a little one chews on it. FWIW, I do think the ribbon comes off more quickly with the tape than the glue under these cirucmstances...at least that has been my experience.

At this point, I am using the tape more for tweener items than for baby items.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloswhim View Post

I do the same!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies