http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:28

Default Question about twisted bow templates...

I have the nbng templates and was wondering the difference between those and littlepinkladybugs templates? Mainly the twisted boutique bow. I am having the hardest time making it and was wondering how they differed from eachother. The nbng template really doesn't help make the twisted part, kwim? I hope this all makes sense!

Last edited by mommyof3princesses; 08-31-2009 at 10:31.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-31-2009, 10:35

Default Re: Question about twisted bow templates...

I have both templates. The NBNG twisted boutique does not really use the template to achieve the twist. The template is helpful to make teh loops realtively even.

With the BBM twisted boutique template you actually thread the ribbon through the template and it comes off essentially twisted...you need to shape the bow, but it is minimal.

I am by no means an expert at the twist boutique bow, but of these methods, I had better results with the BBM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:37

Thank you! That is exactly what I was wondering. With the NBNG template it really didn't help me form the twisted part and I just couldn't get it right. So I'm thinking the other template would help quite a bit more!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33

I also have both, TNT templates and the BBM templates for the twisted. I am able to make them with both templates and the BBM actually works better for them. But I will suggest using a gator bite to make your center creases. I couldn't make my bows using any of the templates without it! For some reason I sew crooked, and with the gator bite, you don't sew and your centers come out great!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:46

Does the gator bite work with the NBNG instructions? On the website for the gator bite I see there are templates on there too?? Now I'm confused as to which ones I want?!? LOL!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princesses View Post
Does the gator bite work with the NBNG instructions? On the website for the gator bite I see there are templates on there too?? Now I'm confused as to which ones I want?!? LOL!
You can use the gator bite with the TNT templates, but its kinda tricky. I clamp the gator bite on template after I've wrapped. Then I slide the gator bite and ribbon all at one time down the template. That's the tricky part and keeping everything straight and even. Once you get the hang of it, it will work just fine.

HTH!
Sponsored Links