new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:37
Default Re: those who use Sealah..

As anyone who has seen my previous posts on this board knows, I LOVE Sealah Tape (or equivalent). But after making (and wearing) flip flops with the tape I found that the tape shifts when it is exposed to warmth and intense friction of walking. So, I think the perfect solution is to use the e6000 glue and/or hot glue on the edges of ribbon as a reinforcement. I am thinking that you'd still get that smooth look, but the edges wont come up and the lined ribbon won't shift. As for true hairbows, I don't think that will come into play as the clip/bows are away from body heat and worn off the head. I may still reinforce with some hot glue - it takes one dip dot of glue to do this. Just my two cents! HTH!!!
Sponsored Links
ecommerce web hosting
Old 08-02-2009, 09:57

Last night I hot glued a flower onto a clip I already had lined with the tape and when the hot glue was on the ribbon, it separated the ribbon from the clip. I wasn't very happy since I had to re-glue the ribbon down to the clip. Has anyone else had this happen?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:47

is anyone able to take pictures of how they do the tape? i've never heard of it (like many things until i came to this forum!) and would be interested in seeing how it works.

thanks so much!
Sponsored Links