New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:14

Default Hotfix tool not working??Or Operator Error??

OK-- I have been so stoked! I order the bejewler (pink!) and got it in yesterday morning. I have been playing around with it adding some crystals to some bows-- But I am having problems with it picking them up! I am useing the flat little tip that it says to use for jewel cut rhinestones, I have cleaned the tip with the wire brush while hot, what else can I do?? it will melt the glue when I pick it up with the tweezers and hold it on there, but it won't pick the jewel up by itself. It has only done that like twice. Am I doing something wrong?? I am gently placing it straight down on top of hte rhinestone. Any suggestions????? Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2008, 07:59

Default Re: Hotfix tool not working??Or Operator Error??

I have the really simple bejeweler style and I've been using the 3mm tip with 3 mm crystals. I've had some trouble picking them up too, and I'm not sure I should say what I've done to make it easier on me. I know it's not ideal, lol.

Sometimes to 'get it going' I barely touch it to a bit of hot glue (you know, the globs that dribble out of the gun...) really quickly which gets just the barest amount on the tip to start picking up the crystals. Usually after that it works for me until it cools down again.

I know that's probably not the right thing to do, but when I got mine home it had no instructions inside so I've been going with trial and error.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the situation.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:49

Default Re: Hotfix tool not working??Or Operator Error??

I have the Marie Osmond one....knock on wood...so far no problems!!

(I only paid $5 for it!)
Carter 5
Abby 3

www.mybellaboutique.com

www.mybellaboutique.etsy.com

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg