New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:34

Default WOW!!! Bottlecap tool!!!!

OK ladies!!!! This ROCKS!!!! And maybe some of you already have one and use it, but it is new to me. I make caps and then drill them with a titanium bit , but then always have to do a second step and fire up my dremmel tool to sand off the inner punched edge. And...it is a PITA when I have to drill through a "bump" on the top of the cap - impossible!

Well - lo and behold - OF COURSE they make a tool for this! I have tried paper punches, crop-a-dile - to no avail.

Hole Punch Pliers - 1.8mm

This thing ROCKS!!!! Punches like it is cutting through butter! Easy on the hand, no rough edges - yippie!!!!

Also - Lee Valley is having a special - no shipping until the 19th - I buy my mixing cups from there - 100/4.95
Lee Valley Tools - Important Announcement

Happy shopping, ladies!
Shelley
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 07-15-2009, 11:47

Default Re: WOW!!! Bottlecap tool!!!!

WOW, you Rock. Hubby will so love me now. He's my hole driller. LOL I tell him OK Honey another 200 caps need holes lol. Now he can tell me to get my tool and help him out! I can't tell though, is it just as small as the smallest drill bit (if thats what it's called lol) that I use to drill the holes. AM I making sense here? LOL I think the paint fumes have gotten to me.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:52

Is this the exact one you that you bought? I know others have posted that they use one of these tools, but I need to know exactly which one. I have one that I use for my bow cards and I tried it on the bottlecaps and it was a definite no go. So, I'm thinking they must be using a better quality one on the bottlecaps. This would make my life so much easier. Wouldn't have to rely on hubby to drill holes. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sla762 View Post
OK ladies!!!! This ROCKS!!!! And maybe some of you already have one and use it, but it is new to me. I make caps and then drill them with a titanium bit , but then always have to do a second step and fire up my dremmel tool to sand off the inner punched edge. And...it is a PITA when I have to drill through a "bump" on the top of the cap - impossible!

Well - lo and behold - OF COURSE they make a tool for this! I have tried paper punches, crop-a-dile - to no avail.

Hole Punch Pliers - 1.8mm

This thing ROCKS!!!! Punches like it is cutting through butter! Easy on the hand, no rough edges - yippie!!!!

Also - Lee Valley is having a special - no shipping until the 19th - I buy my mixing cups from there - 100/4.95
Lee Valley Tools - Important Announcement

Happy shopping, ladies!
Shelley
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36

yup those are exactly what i use arn't thy amazing sooooo easy! i wouldn't do it any other way now!!!!

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 07-16-2009, 12:44

thanks for sharing
Old 07-16-2009, 01:19

Yup - that is the exact tool that I use. It is the only one I could find. A friend that does stainless jewelry recommended the site. I ripped it open as soon as it came today and punched 5 caps! Like butta!!! And yes, Cristi - it is as smal; as the 1/16 bit that I normally use. Trust me - this thing is worth it! AND - it came with a little package with an extra punch head on it when that one wears out. How cool is that??!!

If you do order, change your shipping - they offer UPS I think, but under the pull down, look at "other" - I just did regular first class and it was here in 5 days. I am a happy lady!!
Shelley
Old 07-16-2009, 01:20

I have one that I use for my bow cards and I tried it on the bottlecaps and it was a definite no go.

Whoops - didn't answer this one. You definately would not use this one on paper. It is specifically made to do metal jewelry. The tip is beveled a bit, which helps a TON!!! And it is very, very small.
Shelley
Old 07-16-2009, 01:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
Is this the exact one you that you bought? I know others have posted that they use one of these tools, but I need to know exactly which one. I have one that I use for my bow cards and I tried it on the bottlecaps and it was a definite no go. So, I'm thinking they must be using a better quality one on the bottlecaps. This would make my life so much easier. Wouldn't have to rely on hubby to drill holes. Thanks!
OK! Justfigured out how to do the "Quote" thing!!!! Sorry about the above post of copy and paste!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:33

Is that the only place you can get it from, or can you buy it locally somewhere????
Old 07-16-2009, 01:35

Haha. You're too funny. You should try the multi quote too for something different. LOL

I think the punch I bought that is this size was in the scrapbooking section for like $5, just a small paper punch. I think I will definitely buy the one you listed. I may have to check out those cups too. I like to use the little condiment cups like you get from Mcdonalds or Wendys. You know the barbeque sauce, ranch dips, etc for nuggets. They're the perfect size. I just wash them out after my girls have emptied them of their contents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sla762 View Post
OK! Justfigured out how to do the "Quote" thing!!!! Sorry about the above post of copy and paste!!!
Sponsored Links