Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:13
Default Re: LAMBS new RIB-N-RAPS template

I love these templates. I have had them for a while. I like that they have a big opening, so I can clip them with the gator bite. I don't make my twisted boutique bows with them, but do use them for pinwheels and tails down bows. They come out looking good everytime.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 11:24
Default Re: LAMBS new RIB-N-RAPS template

Originally Posted by jyoung434 View Post
I use something similar that I actually made, because I cannot do the folding-style creases for the life of me. I used this tutorial: - Show Some Love - Make A Bow but used a flexible cutting board instead of cardboard to make it a bit more sturdy. And instead of the gator bite, I use a jumbo salon clip from Sally's. I haven't yet mastered doing boutique-style bows with it (although I think the LAMB video might have just helped me figure it out!, but pinwheels are a breeze. Here's a pic of what I mean (sorry for the awful picture):
I'm new here and browsing around for an affordable alternative to the Gator Bite for making boutique bows with sufficiently perky loops.

I came across this thread --and this post in particular-- and was wondering if anyone has perfected the Hair-Hardware/Sally's salon clip method.

I've studied the pics in the link and it looks like the clip they are using is the thinner metal kind (loosely resembling a paper clip) and that the thin (bottom?) half should crease the "X" part of the bow, which ultimately becomes the top part of the bow.

I'm guessing that would become easy with practice but that there is some sort of "knack" to shaping the loops so they wind up looking perky/quirky enough.

Sponsored Links