key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:21

Default Re: LAMBS new RIB-N-RAPS template

I use something similar that I actually made, because I cannot do the folding-style creases for the life of me. I used this tutorial: Hair-Hardware.com - Show Some Love - Make A Bow but used a flexible cutting board instead of cardboard to make it a bit more sturdy. And instead of the gator bite, I use a jumbo salon clip from Sally's. I haven't yet mastered doing boutique-style bows with it (although I think the LAMB video might have just helped me figure it out!, but pinwheels are a breeze. Here's a pic of what I mean (sorry for the awful picture):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Etsy 6-25.jpg (33.9 KB, 186 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2009, 12:31

I've got to try making these templates with a twist to make the boutique bow. I'll try over the next day or so and let you ladies know how it goes.

Shawn
Old 06-26-2009, 01:31

What does that lady use to tie the bow? Is it really meant to tie bows or was that just a demo?

I'm trying to figure out whats the best string/thread to tie those bows. Thanks!!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:35

Devon sells the TNT templates and they are way worth the money and some. They are good quality material and sturdy.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyone View Post
I've got to try making these templates with a twist to make the boutique bow. I'll try over the next day or so and let you ladies know how it goes.

Shawn
What do you mean with a twist? Will you post a picture if you do end up making one?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung434 View Post
What do you mean with a twist? Will you post a picture if you do end up making one?
Yes I will. Just had a thought about how to hold in place while cinching. But, gotta play with the kiddos before i can do the templates.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung434 View Post
I use something similar that I actually made, because I cannot do the folding-style creases for the life of me. I used this tutorial: Hair-Hardware.com - Show Some Love - Make A Bow but used a flexible cutting board instead of cardboard to make it a bit more sturdy. And instead of the gator bite, I use a jumbo salon clip from Sally's. I haven't yet mastered doing boutique-style bows with it (although I think the LAMB video might have just helped me figure it out!, but pinwheels are a breeze. Here's a pic of what I mean (sorry for the awful picture):
Looks like her template is more like a football post with a line in the middle where you are supposed to clamp your gator bite. have to try that!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:49

I have them, have for a couple weeks now. they are very nice and worth it!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:09

That does look really easy!

It looks to me like she is using 1/4" organdy ribbon to tie off the bow. I am loving how easy the gatorbite makes it to tie off the bow!!! WOW!!! I had no idea...
Old 07-01-2009, 07:59

OMG - that looks sooo easy - I want it. The template looks easy to make if I just had the measurements!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif