new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:58
Murolyushka

Default Re: I have a question for all the recent BBM Buyers

Nobody ever said that the templates were bad! I personally think, that Karyn did a great job with them!!! When I look at them, I wonder, how on earth did she came up with the idea??? They would be great for the newbies. But I guess we are looking for an easier way to do our bows, and to do them faster.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 04:05

I loooove the classic template and I think the twisted one is okay. I do get even loops every time but it still takes the same amount of time if not more than the figure 8 technique that I used before (it's the same). I have had to re-do some though.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:06

Yeah Karyn did great! I love the classic it really helped me when I was first learning to do bows...I guess I was just expecting more because there was so much hype. I think they would be great for those who have never made bows...I just was hoping it would make it faster....
Old 06-24-2009, 04:23

Mine arrived at Miami almost two weeks ago but maybe tomorrow I will be receiving it in Venezuela.......so i do not know yet.But anyway I can not make a bow to save my life (I only make sculpture clippies)so I am pretty sure that for people like me it will still be heaven and believe me or not i know all you girls have gifted hands for bows but there are people who don`t so it all depends on your expertise I think.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:34

See, this is what happens when people are honest. Can I post my honesty fairly without people being ugly?

No one said she didn't work her butt off, but everyone has their own opinion. I would appreciate it if you respected others and myself by not assuming what our thoughts are. Reviews are a matter of opinion and aren't always going to be great. Can you admit to always giving a good review of every product you've ever purchased?

I will admit it. I was looking for a easier and quicker way to make the bow. I don't think anyone would have purchased them if this wasn't the case. I used them again this afternoon, and I'm still not impressed, but I think they would be helpful to someone just starting out. The book contained lots of useful information (all of which you can find here for free), but all in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana1 View Post
Okay I have the templetes myself. I LOVE THEM. For all of you that wernt that impressed I think you were not satisfied were just looking for the easy way to make the bow. mAKING BOWS is an art form templete or no templete.and there were several ways to make them. I still think they are great. Karyn worked her butt off on these and to get theses out to you ladies.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana1 View Post
Okay I have the templetes myself. I LOVE THEM. For all of you that wernt that impressed I think you were not satisfied were just looking for the easy way to make the bow. mAKING BOWS is an art form templete or no templete.and there were several ways to make them. I still think they are great. Karyn worked her butt off on these and to get theses out to you ladies.
I agree that what Karyn put together took a lot of time and effort and I admire her tremendously. I also believe the templates are great for getting even loops consistently (which is the main reason I bought it). My only issue was with the twisted method and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleB'sbowtique View Post
The ribbon I used was offray woven ribbon from Michaels and it held its shape very well
Okay, I have to go to Michaels tomorrow to get some things, I will try getting some. Thanks so much for the pointer!!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:15

I haven't had much time to practice with the templates (I've been in the middle of a couple of big cheer bow orders YAY!!)

Anyway, I am really happy with how my twisteds are coming out. For the first time when I shape the bow it actually looks like a twisted!! It does not make it faster, but I wonder how fast a twisted can be made anyway? It's a pretty complicated bow.

Pros: **my bow is twisted,
**my ribbon doesn't slip around-it holds the ribbon while I'm trying to adjust my loops to my liking,
**all of my bows are consistent.
**I really, really love the surrounds templates.

Cons: **I wish the surround loops were bigger-I wonder if there is a way to adjust the template to use a longer lenght of ribbon?
**the twisted template is kind of delicate. I'm afraid I'm going to break it!

My bottom line-I'm glad I invested in them. I couldn't make a twisted before, and now I can. Knowing all that I know now, I would still have gotten them. I am giddy with the twisteds that I'm able to make with them!! Giddy!!

If you are already a pro at the twisteds, you'll probably be dissappointed.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Well, as I was reading the book I realized this was all knowledge I already had (from browsing online). The figure 8 "twisted design" was something I was very familiar with and I was disappointed to see it in this package. I thought she had a special way of folding the bows that had not been seen before.
I have looked through the book but will admit that I haven't sat down and read word for word because I was too excited to start making the bows (being that I have a 1st show coming up) and I was excited to see if it would help me make them faster which in turn to me is easier. Anyhoo...I guess that is where we are on different pages because I bought this for the templates and not for what was in the book besides the measurements needed & etc but I never looked at it as someone else maybe getting it hoping to find a new folding method. I agree, I too know the figure 8 and all of those but I have trouble keeping my loops even & my bows consistent in size and that is why I love the template so much because it definately does those 2 things plus more for me which in turn makes it super fast because I am not sitting there having to stare at my loops until I am crosseyed trying to get them even & then end up loosing hold on my whole bow and having to start completely over a few times....so frustrating for me KWIM? That is why I love it so much & feel it is personally faster for me! I hope you or no one else has read my responses feeling like I am being ugly. I am in no way trying to come across as upset or tacky....just trying to help and give my opinion as well Thank you for talking to me like the adults that we are and sharing our views on it I appreciate it!

Last edited by kglee; 06-24-2009 at 10:14.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:25

I also bought the kits for the templates, not the books. I have been extremely happy with mine
Sponsored Links