New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:16

Default Re: I have a question for all the recent BBM Buyers

Thank you ladies for being so honest...you are very popular in my book! These days we could all use a heads up before we invest in anything...every penny counts. I've been watching these templates for awhile and have been waiting for the reviews to come out...so thank you! I'll just keep trying!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47

I really like mine actually. And there is more than one method in her instructions. It took a few tries to get the hang of it, but I believe it was well worth the money spent. My husband took my camera to an event today, but when he gets home this evening I will take some photos and post on here. I am sorry you aren't happy with yours.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21

The only thing that I am not really satisfied with is that I can't make big bows with them. My little girl is 5, and she needs a bigger bow. I thought that the XL classic template would make a BIG bow cause the template looks so big, but when done it is only like 4 inches, and looks like a pinwheel bow. BUT, Karyn is very nice and wonderful to work with.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:32

I'm honestly still on the fence.

I got the whole package, and since I have never purchased a template before, I didn't really know what to expect. There was so much hype here on the board that when I got it, I felt a little let down, because I feel my 7/8" twisted bows look better when I make them by hand and I really don't care for the figure 8 folding method.

Having said that, I am ordering more ribbon to play with, in hopes that once I get it down it will be easier to use. Hopefully once I get it down I will be just as happy as others.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Jacie View Post
The only thing that I am not really satisfied with is that I can't make big bows with them. My little girl is 5, and she needs a bigger bow. I thought that the XL classic template would make a BIG bow cause the template looks so big, but when done it is only like 4 inches, and looks like a pinwheel bow. BUT, Karyn is very nice and wonderful to work with.
you can make some pretty big bows with the twisted! I made a huge 1.5 inch yesterday, I'll take some pics in a few. It does say in the book that unlike the classic the twisted is not dependent one one sixe of ribbon, pretty much all that matters is that you get the creases down so that you get your loops even.

I think the template is great, I got pretty good at making them by hand but I was still refolding everyone that I made to get it perfect, and then my loops would slip when I tried to secure, with this I don't have that problem. Karyn never claimed she had some wonderful new method of folding them, she claimed she has a template to help speed the process and create even loops, and she does, It does state on on of the first pages that this template will take some practice to master,so I really hope you guys didn't give up after one bow. . If you don't like the figure 8 use the true fold method, IMO it comes out better anyways. I do admire those of you who are honest enough to admit that you are unhappy with them. There is never a way to please every single customer when Karyn has sold as many of these as she has ya know. But what matters is that we are all grown up enough to tactfully give our reviews of the product.

Karyn I think it's great and will recommend it to any bowmaker!

Last edited by littleBsbowtique; 06-24-2009 at 11:22.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:53

I haven't used mine enough to give an honest opinion. I do think that once I put my mind in a positive mode that I can make them, and that I will be able to manage without a problem. I have tried time and time again without the template and I just can't get my twists to remain in place while I'm folding. I think the template will help with that problem tremendousily. I have to make an attempt once I have it in my own mind that I'm gonna conquer this technique. It's mind over matter, and I refuse to lose this battle.

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 06-24-2009, 02:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleB'sbowtique View Post
you can make some pretty big bows with the twisted! I made a huge 1.5 inch yesterday, I'll take some pics in a few. It does say in the book that unlike the classic the twisted is not dependent one one sixe of ribbon, pretty much all that matters is that you get the creases down so that you get your loops even.

I think the template is great, I got pretty good at making them by hand but I was still refolding everyone that I made to get it perfect, and then my loops would slip when I tried to secure, with this I don't have that problem. Karyn never claimed she had some wonderful new method of folding them, she claimed she has a template to help speed the process and create even loops, and she does, It does state on on of the first pages that this template will take some practice to master,so I really hope you guys didn't give up after one bow. . If you don't like the figure 8 use the true fold method, IMO it comes out better anyways. I do admire those of you who are honest enough to admit that you are unhappy with them. There is never a way to please every single customer when Karyn has sold as many of these as she has ya know. But what matters is that we are all grown up enough to tactfully give our reviews of the product.

Karyn I think it's great and will recommend it to any bowmaker!
Yes, I know you can make whatever size bow with the twisted template, but in my case the bigger you get with the 1.5inch ribbon the more floppy the loops are....requires LOTS of stiffen stuff. Maybe it is just me though?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50
Murolyushka

I was not impressed either when I first started using twisted template, I still not. I could do a pretty twisted bow without the template. But my problem was, I had to redo a bow for a few times, to make it perfect. Now, most of the times, my bows come out perfect, except I still work on my loops to get them even, but the crease is perfect. And I still do them pretty slow...... And I wish the surrounds had one more bigger size template. It only good for 3" bow. But I love how fast I can do surrounds now, and they come out perfect. I like the classic too.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:26

Okay I have the templetes myself. I LOVE THEM. For all of you that wernt that impressed I think you were not satisfied were just looking for the easy way to make the bow. mAKING BOWS is an art form templete or no templete.and there were several ways to make them. I still think they are great. Karyn worked her butt off on these and to get theses out to you ladies.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:26

The ribbon I used was offray woven ribbon from Michaels and it held its shape very well

Sponsored Links