5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:54

Default Need a detailed review of the BBM Twisted template

Mainly I want to know if the loops stay put while you're sewing. My main problem with bows is that I get the loops perfect, but then while I'm sewing, they inevitably slip. I end up having to redo about 75% of my bows because of this and I'm wasting sooo much time! I'm really hoping the BBM twisted template is the answer to my prayers, but I want to make sure before I spend $35 on it.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-22-2009, 09:21

Default Re: Need a detailed review of the BBM Twisted template

Even loops are only one of the reasons I LOVE the BBM twisted template!!!

I secure the loops on the templates using alligator clips and then Karyn (the creator or the BBM templates) shows a few different ways to secure the center before you take the bow off the template. Since the center is secured, the bow loops stay nice and even until you are ready to pinch the center and finish off the bow!

I can honestly tell you that the twisted template will absolutely be the answer to your prayers.

I am one of the CHEAPEST people on earth and I feel that this is the best $35 I've ever spent! If something ever happened to my templates, I would buy another set in a heartbeat!!!

Hope this helps.

Debora
Old 06-22-2009, 09:42

Yep, they stay in place. And my loops come out perfect everytime. I had actually finally figured out the twisted bow before the templates got here, but I am still sooo glad I ordered them. They are excellent!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:42

You would not be let down ordering the template! I absolutely love it! I as well finally got the twisted bows down about 2 weeks before I got the actual template & it has made it soooooooooo much faster! I made over 100 bows in one afternoon while watching tv There are different fold methods Karyn shows that you can use & the book is to die for! I can't say enough good things about it! I have only had it for about a week or less I guess and have gotten soooo much more done with it! HTH...good luck deciding
Old 06-23-2009, 01:01

I've had the templates for 4 days now. I still can't figure them out. After 4 days of spending hours at a time I just can't seem to figure out how to use these templates to make a twisted boutique bow. The loops are uneven, the pictures in the book are very small, so it's hard to tell which way to fold the loops, and the instructions aren't clear enough for me to be able to follow them.
I know a lot of you ordered this set and absolutely Love it, and that's great, it just hasn't been the case for me. Going to try to sell it for what I paid - if anyone is interested, going over to the "for sale" thread now.....
Old 06-23-2009, 06:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywife59 View Post
I've had the templates for 4 days now. I still can't figure them out. After 4 days of spending hours at a time I just can't seem to figure out how to use these templates to make a twisted boutique bow. The loops are uneven, the pictures in the book are very small, so it's hard to tell which way to fold the loops, and the instructions aren't clear enough for me to be able to follow them.
I know a lot of you ordered this set and absolutely Love it, and that's great, it just hasn't been the case for me. Going to try to sell it for what I paid - if anyone is interested, going over to the "for sale" thread now.....
Oh don't give up on it! Have you messaged Karyn and asked for her help on what you are having problems with?? I am sure she would love to help you and get you going with it! Once you get it the first time you will not have to look back after that! If there is something I could help you with, pm me....can't really help much on here because I don't want to get in trouble
Sponsored Links