new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:14

Default Re: What is better than Hot Glue?

Gorilla Glue (sp?) works the best for me.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2009, 11:06

I just started using Fabri-Tac. It seems to take a second to hold, but once it holds its on there.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanamama View Post
Is the high temp. too hot when gluing grosgrain to alligator clips? Does it stain the ribbon? I've been using the low temp. and notice that sometimes the ribbon comes off.

Thanks!
I use a high temp glue gun and I havent had any problems with it staining ribbon...just a few burnt fingers! but I tested my bows trying to pull them off and its impossible I couldnt pull it apart! The gun was ten dollars at Michaels.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debora View Post
I like Fabri - Tac glue. I've only been using it for a short while now but -knock on wood- I haven't had any problems. It doesn't stink like E6000 does and it doesn't burn my skin if I get some on it. I would appreciate it if anyone has had problems with Fabri - Tac to let me know!

Thanks,

Debora
i think the only bad thing about fabri-tac is that it sometimes stains satin ribbon when used in excess. other than that, it's great! i use it, too.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:38

I also use a high temperature glue gun, and have never had any problems. I am very cautious about the adhesives I use, and always look for the "certified non-toxic" emblem. It was for this reason that I do not use E600 either for bows or rhinestones. High temperature glue does not stain ribbon. Make sure you are also buying high temperature glue sticks, not multi-purpose. I have found these to have better holding strength as well!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanamama View Post
Is the high temp. too hot when gluing grosgrain to alligator clips? Does it stain the ribbon? I've been using the low temp. and notice that sometimes the ribbon comes off.

Thanks!
Sorry I am just now getting back to this one That is the one thing that I don't use hot glue on anymore since I found out about terrifically tacky tape & saleah tape for clippies. I never remember the glue staining the ribbon tho....just remember it being very hot when I was smoothing the ribbon down on the clip
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif