http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:20

Default Please help..should I buy.....

I am new to making bows, I mainly want to make bows for my daughter and nieces and I was wondering if I should invest in a Bow Maker? I don't mind spending the money, I just wonder if it is beginner friendly? Also anybody who has the korker box is this beginner friendly too?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 01-08-2008, 05:27

I would agree with Lilly, as well.

ISO: manners
Old 01-08-2008, 05:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI View Post
I do recommend getting instructions, and I recommend the TOTT instructions ( The Ribbon Retreat - ribbons, hair bows, free instructions ). Those are very easy to follow, as a beginner they will help a lot because the cover the basics, which will open up a lot of new doors.
I don't have a korker box, so I'm not much help in that area, but I don't think it's difficult to use, I can't wait to get one, I just keep putting it off.

Forgot to mention, that besides this forum, you can also get instructions from this website Free Hair Bow Instructions: hairbow free directions, hair bow business work at home
what about the bow maker with the instructions?
Old 01-08-2008, 05:39

I use it for some bows, I have read some ladies don't. I like it, but I didn't at first.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:41

geez, that was so unhelpful, lol! IMHO, I would get it. If you don't like it, you can sell it, just like has been done here on the board before. As a matter of fact, someone is selling theirs now. But you need the instructions to know what to do with it.

It's one of those personal preference things.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
geez, that was so unhelpful, lol! IMHO, I would get it. If you don't like it, you can sell it, just like has been done here on the board before. As a matter of fact, someone is selling theirs now. But you need the instructions to know what to do with it.

It's one of those personal preference things.
Yes I inquired about that but I need the instructions...lol
Old 01-08-2008, 05:55

I can't recommend the TOTT instructions enough. I'm a bit obsessive with buying instructions. I have several. They are the best by far!!!

They have great videos, including for Double Ruffle Ribbon. I NEED those videos because my brain just doesn't get words sometimes. You know?

One place I would not buy... I hate naming it. I hope it's not somebody on here. Sweet Baby Boutique. I bought stuff over a month ago...and never received it. I never heard back from them. I've emailed a million times. There is no phone number listed. I've now asked for my money to be refunded... Her name is Jennifer something-or-other. I am NOT impressed!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:09

i own tott and the bow maker, LOVE IT!
i also own a korker box, LOVE IT TOO!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:35

I own the korker box and LOVE IT!!!! It is beginner friendly also. I used to struggle making korkers but now i put them in the box and make them, a piece of cake. I actually enjoy making them now.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:48

This is the korker box I bought. It is excellent quality and I absolutley love it!! It was money well spent> It even comes with enough korker ribbon to make two korker bows. The ebayer is wonderful and shipped quickly.
Unique Boutiques 6 in 1 Korker Box W/Instructions BCMM - eBay (item 150203393151 end time Jan-14-08 09:17:08 PST)
Sponsored Links