Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:50

Default Re: cuttlebug vs cricut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennygoff View Post
What's the difference between the sizzix regular die cutter and the sizzix bigkick??
The original sizzix has a lever that you push down to put pressure on it. The bigkick has a crank with rollers. I have the original sizzix but I have used them both. You can cut bigger dies with the bigkick. Also, it is easier to cut the long die with the bigkick than it is with the original one.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-17-2008, 07:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymaldonado View Post
Have you checked eBay? The prices for the used ones are actually really good
i did..lol..and saw plenty....

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:19

My cricut will not cut felt At least the first 2 tries I did. SO not sure. Was not happy about that. I am going to get the sizzix. Now should I get the regular one or the bigger one?
Anyone have any extra coupons >>>
Peppermint
Old 01-19-2008, 02:43

Hello Peppermint... =) It'll be the Original Sizzix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermom3 View Post
My cricut will not cut felt At least the first 2 tries I did. SO not sure. Was not happy about that. I am going to get the sizzix. Now should I get the regular one or the bigger one?
Peppermint

Old 01-19-2008, 03:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermom3 View Post
Peppermint
The big one works as well as the regular one (I tested on my friend's sizzix, she had the regular one and the bigkick), I think the big one just allows you to do more stuff (for scrapbooking). If you buy them at Joann's (in store only), you don't need a coupon. They are marked 40% off right now.

My online store:

Old 01-27-2008, 09:24

What dies and convertors are needed with the sizzix orig. I just bought the machine it will be here this week. There are no places here that sell the dies so I will have to order. Can anyone make suggestions as to which ones you have or have used that make good clippies. If you have picts please post or link me to the dies pretttttty please.
Thanks so much.
Peppermint
Old 01-27-2008, 10:31

I bought a set of 4 hearts, they're a bit small, but cute. I would buy the sets. (Mine were $12.99 at HL) If you got the original Sizzix (with the lever) You'll need a converter. It's the big magnet thing. Then you can use your cuttlebug dies also. Unless you dont' want to use those dies.

Cynthia, I didn't even see the post where you asked what felt is used. I was using the cheap stuff at HL, but I really want to use the 100% wool, I think that's why I'm holding back. Where did you get your's.
Stupid me, I've been to Hancocks twice and TOTALLY forgot to look for the wool.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushfamily View Post
I bought a set of 4 hearts, they're a bit small, but cute. I would buy the sets. (Mine were $12.99 at HL) If you got the original Sizzix (with the lever) You'll need a converter. It's the big magnet thing. Then you can use your cuttlebug dies also. Unless you dont' want to use those dies.

Cynthia, I didn't even see the post where you asked what felt is used. I was using the cheap stuff at HL, but I really want to use the 100% wool, I think that's why I'm holding back. Where did you get your's.
Stupid me, I've been to Hancocks twice and TOTALLY forgot to look for the wool
Hi girl..lol..I did mentioned it....I'm using the 100% wool from here: A Child's Dream Come True - Handwork Supplies - Felt&Felting Crafts and also the 100% Polyester from here: Search Results Gotta say tho, that i prefer the 100% wool better than the 100% Poly. There's also a seller on ebay, id feltpro ( eBay Seller: feltpro: Fabric, Dolls items on eBay.com ) that others had bought from (personally, i hvn't bought from the seller). I've been to my Hancocks and sadly, they only carry the blended felt and I didn't wanna waste my money for that just for experimenting sake..lol...

hth

Old 01-27-2008, 11:16

oh, note to add, achildsdream.com ships super fast for me..lol.. But that's because it's Priority...Ordered twice from them and so far so good. Love it. =)

Another site is called Pure wool felt in 42 colors but I hvn't ordered from them either.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:18

cynthia--did you get your machine???

Sponsored Links