5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:59

Thanks to you all for the info. I will tell you that when I watched the Youtube on the Sizzix, it reminds me of a minature die cut like the one we have at school. You have a lever to pull down and press with just like that in the video.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
Hello ladies...just saw this thread. For the last couple of days (lol, last year?), I've been emailing back and forth with the owner of CropStop Home

I'm gonna invest in a die cutter machine too (just for felt purpose and not scrapbooking). Anyhoos, we were actually convo-ing about the Boss Kut that she carries. Bla bla bla bla, she informed me that it's NOT the machine that one should worry about, it's the DIES that does the work.

Excerpt of her email to me:
Ah hah OK this is easy to answer without testing as it is the DIES and not the machine that cuts the felt, if they do! (The link was cutting paper but I will add the felt one in – thanks for the idea!!)
The machine works very similar to the Sizzix – why not buy a Boss Kut die and test it out in your Sizzix on felt I fully refund on all dies if you don’t like them or they don’t work as I have stated. You will need one of the adapters though to get the Boss Kuts to work in the Sizzix…………so that should save you 70 odd bucks huh?

So, I'm set on Sizzix as it accepts other dies as well.

hth and Happy New Year..
I would love to hear your review on it after you tried it out

My online store:

Old 01-01-2008, 07:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
I have the cuttlebug and I love it. The dies cut thru felt like butter. It also takes many other brand of dies. I have the quickutz system too, and the dies don't really cut felt. If you run them thru the cuttlebug a few times it will cut it enough so that you will only have to snip a few spots.

From my understanding the cricut will not cut felt. It only cuts paper up to a certain weight.

I'[m originally a scrapbooker and bought the cuttlebug after doing some research. It was a cheaper machine and I didn't really have to by any adapters for other die systems because everything you need comes with the initial buy. Plus, the dies are carried at Michael's Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's. They all put out coupons so I can buy the dies cheaper.

If you have a scrapbook store anywhere close to you. Go to the store and check out the die cutters. Most stores have them on display and will let you try it out.
Here is the link for the cuttlebug. You can also find the cricut on this site.
Provo Craft
Do you use the cuttlebug die cutters for the felt? Or did you use another brand's dies?

My online store:

Old 01-01-2008, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymaldonado View Post
I would love to hear your review on it after you tried it out

I will definitely update ...but now I'm stumped...lmao... Muldoon said the CB cuts the felt like a butter.....Uwaaaa....CB or Sizzix? Hummm, I hv till the 15th to decide...

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:08

I own the cricut personal one . I have not tried felt yet. I suppose I can. I got it not for scrapbooking but for doing projects for school and such. The cart. are high. But they have a wide range of sizes it can cut. so it is like getting several dies in one cart.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymaldonado View Post
Do you use the cuttlebug die cutters for the felt? Or did you use another brand's dies?
I use the cuttlebug dies and the quickutz dies. They both work. It's just that the cuttlebugs dies work much better.

If you run the quickutz dies thru about 3 times it will cut the felt, but you will still have to take scissors to snip some of it out. The cuttlebug just takes 1 run thru and viola! it's ready to go!

I love it!

Some people don't like the fact that you have to turn the handle to get the dies thru the machine. I don't have a problem with this.
I really would go to a scrapbook store and see if you can try the different products out. See what's best for you.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
I use the cuttlebug dies and the quickutz dies. They both work. It's just that the cuttlebugs dies work much better.

If you run the quickutz dies thru about 3 times it will cut the felt, but you will still have to take scissors to snip some of it out. The cuttlebug just takes 1 run thru and viola! it's ready to go!

I love it!

Some people don't like the fact that you have to turn the handle to get the dies thru the machine. I don't have a problem with this.
I really would go to a scrapbook store and see if you can try the different products out. See what's best for you.

Thank you for the information. I have another question for you. When I saw the ad for Cricut, one the of things they said was so awesome is that you don't waste any paper at all. I actually have never used one of these things before, does the cuttlebug work the same way. What I mean is that, do you have to use a whole sheet of paper each time? (I hope that makes sense )

My online store:

Old 01-01-2008, 10:36

Most of the dies are 2x2 or 3x3. You can cut the paper to fit those dies. I have actually cut some felt to just do one little piece of the die.

This is one of the dies I have. I just wanted to use the biggest fish. I cut the felt so it was just large enough to cover that fish. I put it thru the machine and that is all the felt I used. (I try to use 100% wool felt. It's expensive and I don't want to waste any.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 37-1537.jpg (1.9 KB, 137 views)
Old 01-02-2008, 01:18

Cute fish! I like it... Have you made any thing using the felt?

My online store:

Old 01-02-2008, 12:05

I have. If I get a minute I will try to post pics of some. I gave a lot away for gifts this xmas. I'm sure I saved some for my daughter. I just need to find them in the mess that is her room.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg