Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:17

Default Re: Sta-Flo Starch

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeincreation View Post
Where do you get Sta-flo starch? I use Stiffen Stuff and always have issues with the spray pump!
Wal-mart!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2009, 01:10

Thanks for great tips
Old 08-14-2009, 09:45

I know this is an old thread..but oh..how it has helped me!!!!!!! Thank you for all the great advice! I will be checking out the stayflo starch this weekend when I go grocery shopping. Thanks again!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:46
Super Moderator

I always pour the stiffen stuff into another spray bottle because the pump always sticks....also I mix stiffen stuff with 50/50 sta-flo works great for baking korkers. And just FYI be sure to sand down your dowels before use, then your ribbon slides right off. I used one of those white nail buffers...perfect!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:05

I've been using Auquenet hairspray and it works good but I may have to try this...but why do you bake? With the hairspray I shape then spray and it holds its shape...
Old 08-18-2009, 09:16

I went and bought some sta-flo today and it is my new favorite thing! Thank you so much for all the info on here!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:13

I am just starting to make bows, and will hopefully be trying to get in some craft shows before the holidays. I have been wondering what everyone does to starch/stiffen the bows. I sure do appreciate all the great advice here! So do most of you starch the parts of the bows before assembly? Thanks so much!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeNana View Post
I am just starting to make bows, and will hopefully be trying to get in some craft shows before the holidays. I have been wondering what everyone does to starch/stiffen the bows. I sure do appreciate all the great advice here! So do most of you starch the parts of the bows before assembly? Thanks so much!
I starch and bake the layers individually before layering. For my spikes, I starch after baking to minimize color transfer.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:58

this is some what a OT, but i was mixing my sta flo up the other day and we have two kittens left from a litter that our spayed cat had. dang pet land. any who mila was up there and of course she was attacking anything and everything that moved. im not really sure even how it all hapened but the next thing i know my staflow that is undiluted is on the cat and all over the floor. it took me three times of watching the cat after i caught her to get it mostly out. her hair to this day is still a little stiff. hope that made you all laugh. again sorry for getting off topic.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:57

Thanks for the tips especially the bowl for loops..I will definitely use that tip...
Sponsored Links