http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:39

Default Re: What template for the twisted or loopy boutique bow?

I didn't even know there was such a thing as templates or instructions for bows until recently. I stupidly learned the hard way through trial and error and MONTHS of practice how to get the loops to stand up like bows I had seen online! I am pretty anxious to learn if there is something to make making these bows faster and easier. The best way I have found- making them by hand- is similar to what another poster said, to make the front pieces or ribbon almost vertical (a very squished "x"). Then, when you sew and pull and pinch, they are really twisted and stand up as much as possible. Does that make sense?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 04:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieBowTuesdai View Post
The best way I have found- making them by hand- is similar to what another poster said, to make the front pieces or ribbon almost vertical (a very squished "x"). Then, when you sew and pull and pinch, they are really twisted and stand up as much as possible. Does that make sense?
I have been on these for months now. Here's a question:

Where do you sew them? Do you sew across the straight line in the back, just through the middle to hold them in place? Do you fold them in half forwards and then sew?

I can get mine to look perfect . . . until I go to crease them. Then they all go to crud!

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:56

I would love to see a template for the twisted bow! will you sell it seperate? I don't need templates for other bows as I have those down by hand. Please say yes?!?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandanmv View Post
I would love to see a template for the twisted bow! will you sell it seperate? I don't need templates for other bows as I have those down by hand. Please say yes?!?
My understanding they WOULD be seperate.
Can hardly wait!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah4185 View Post
I have been on these for months now. Here's a question:

Where do you sew them? Do you sew across the straight line in the back, just through the middle to hold them in place? Do you fold them in half forwards and then sew?

I can get mine to look perfect . . . until I go to crease them. Then they all go to crud!

Thanks for any help you can provide!
~ I second that! I can't get the silly crease down. ugh!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:30

I would love a template!! I had no idea there was a template..if its really much faster I will pay for one! they make them look better too right???
Old 04-02-2009, 02:10

Thumbs up Re: What template for the twisted or loopy boutique bow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieBowTuesdai View Post
I didn't even know there was such a thing as templates or instructions for bows until recently. I stupidly learned the hard way through trial and error and MONTHS of practice how to get the loops to stand up like bows I had seen online! I am pretty anxious to learn if there is something to make making these bows faster and easier. The best way I have found- making them by hand- is similar to what another poster said, to make the front pieces or ribbon almost vertical (a very squished "x"). Then, when you sew and pull and pinch, they are really twisted and stand up as much as possible. Does that make sense?
I am right there with you!!! I never knew there where any of these things either and then to find out about this forum (which is WONDERFUL by the way) I have racked my brain trying to figure out the real perfect uniform perky loops and if I didn't know about all of you then can you imagine?!?! I really do think that all of you ladies have helped me more than anything ever could! I can't pull myself away from reading all of the posts on stuff that I have always wondered about! It is like having a whole new family....LOVE IT! So after all of that....Thank you so much for all of the help and advice
Old 04-02-2009, 01:48

I use my gator bite for creasing bows (it puts several creases) and it makes the loops perky! I also use a spray I found in the floral department to make the ribbon hard and stay put!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:02

Post Re: What template for the twisted or loopy boutique bow?

Just realized I went on & on in my last post and what I meant to say and didn't....I would love one of these templates! I am super excited...can't wait until it is here!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:21

As to the sewing part- I sew all of my bows, and was even sewing the separate layers together and sewing them onto the clip until I realized most people glued theirs! Now I only sew certain parts:
Once you make your "squished x," hold it firmly in place and sew straight up the middle. You're only going to go "in, out, in, out" (that many times!) and about 1/8" apart. I leave my needle in until I pinch it, then wrap twice, pull tight (but not too tight), mash the crease a little flatter so my loops will still be pretty, and close with a sewing knot. Does any of that make sense?
t's the basic routine found on this site and many others- the shape of your bow before you sew is what makes it perky/twisted or not.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies