http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:28

Default Re: United Beads Needs More Colors

I feel your pain. I love the UB ribbon - it's my first choice. But their lack of colors has driven me to Schiff. I will share a little secret with you - Bill at Rockinribbons on Ebay has a FEW extra colors that are UB quality. I got Navajo Turquoise, Spring Moss, Ocean Blue and Periwinkle from him recently. He also had Baby Maize, pastel pink and I forget what other ones. If you don't see it listed in his ebay store - email him - he just might have it laying around!

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 08-11-2009, 01:32

There's a YAMA buy going on over at bowsandblings forum at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bowsandbling/
The prices are a little more than UB, but there's a ton more colors. I haven't ordered YAMA before (at least not that I know of), but am thinking about ordering some through this buy. They have solids and dots available.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:32

I've ordered Yama ribbon from Hairbow Center (at least I think it's Yama ribbon...all the same colors). I found the ribbon to be very slick and shiny and it creased when looped into bows - it didn't stay fluffy, kwim? I won't order it again.

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 08-13-2009, 02:20

Do you think if many of us contacted UB and requested more colors in their offering that it might make a difference? I would think if the interest is there, they would be interested in expanding their color choices.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:28

I was looking at ub site and seen they have printed ribbion has anyone bought it? If so how much? Thanks, Mindy

Last edited by annlouis; 08-13-2009 at 02:34. Reason: spelling
Old 08-13-2009, 03:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by annlouis View Post
I was looking at ub site and seen they have printed ribbion has anyone bought it? If so how much? Thanks, Mindy
I attached the updated price list that Julie sent me the other day.
HTH!
Attached Files
File Type: doc UBNEW.doc (230.5 KB, 105 views)
Old 08-13-2009, 04:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by annlouis View Post

I have ordered some of the striped ribbon and really like it. Actually, one of the prints I ordered was identical to some I got from Michael's a year or so ago....it was so much cheaper at UB!!
Old 08-22-2009, 02:38

I was at UB this week...they had one new color that I haven't seen yet...a really pretty pink color...I also asked if she's going to be getting any prints in like leopard, zebra, etc...she says she's been checking on prices...just a head up, I think they will slowly be adding more colors... =)
Old 08-26-2009, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldanaaa View Post
I was at UB this week...they had one new color that I haven't seen yet...a really pretty pink color...I also asked if she's going to be getting any prints in like leopard, zebra, etc...she says she's been checking on prices...just a head up, I think they will slowly be adding more colors... =)
A new pink other than hot pinK???? *drooling*

Old 08-26-2009, 01:29

Maybe it is the hot pink...I haven't seen their color chart in awhile...They have a light pink, dark pink and hot pink...so maybe it's not new, but new to me =)