ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:09

Default Re: Speaking of overcharging . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoPiccolo View Post
I'm one of the dummies that overpaid for a simple boutique headband~ yep it was posh petals couture... At the time I had never seen anything like it and though I'm not made of money I'm the type that would rather have 3 bows for my girl that i love, love, love then to have 12 that are so, so. So, when you think about the value of a pair of shoes is the price divided by the # of times you wear them it all works out. Lucky for me, it costs much less to make my daughters items that I love, love, love. But, I would never have the nerve to charge that much. Funny what people will pay for something they love!
I live in cali and i make everything for me and my daughter. I would never charge that much for one bow now i have charged that much for 4 bows and 2 headbands. I have been commisioned to make a hair peice like the one Carry Underwood wore on American idol. The pics are a little fuzzy so i have my work cut out for me so wish me luck all! Maybe i should charge that much for look alike hair items of the Start! haha probibly not! here is link so maybe you ladies can tell me what you think it is made of. Hey lynn, if your out there, you may know you are a pro tell me what you think!
YouTube - "I Told You So" Carrie with Randy Travis from American Idol
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 04-19-2009, 08:50

It looks like 2 black silk roses, some black leaves, black feathers, and looks like little strips of black organza ribbon sticking out in places...as for the rest I'm not sure.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumto4boys View Post
It looks like 2 black silk roses, some black leaves, black feathers, and looks like little strips of black organza ribbon sticking out in places...as for the rest I'm not sure.
I second that. It's however very difficult to see what type of feathers they are.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:34

I wish I could sell mine for that much in this area....which I could a little higher than I do just because you have to travel over an hour one way to search for hair accessories. Being that everyone is sooo happy with my prices around here makes it worth it because I end up selling more that way....versus going up on my prices and being out the money for items just sitting in stores collecting dust. If she can sell them for that much then good for her!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:10

yowza! i find it hard to even spend $5 on a set of bows....which is why i'm making my own now, those prices are insane
Old 04-23-2009, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumto4boys View Post

yeah thats what i am seeing but...is it a headband or a clip do you think? I wonder if i can get some black spray glitter for the sparkle? hmmmm
Old 04-23-2009, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn* View Post
I second that. It's however very difficult to see what type of feathers they are.
i think i know but i dont know what they are called. i have see you use some on one of your hair pieces lynn...the ones that are just a stck looking and then go to the feather curled to one side. I have a few that i picked up at joanns. I think i will just have to wing it and get it as close as possible.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:09

Oh you've got eagle eyes. I could not tell from the video. The curled ones in mine are goose biot, the sticking out from my sheer black rose are hackle feathers. It looks like a clip to me, not a headband. But again, I could not see anything clearly in that video. Sorry I am not much help

Last edited by Lynn*; 04-23-2009 at 04:13.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn* View Post
Oh you've got eagle eyes. I could not tell from the video. The curled ones in mine are goose biot, the sticking out from my sheer black rose are hackle feathers. It looks like a clip to me, not a headband. But again, I could not see anything clearly in that video. Sorry I am not much help
wow, i didnt know there were so many different types of feathers. Enlighten me please. I love to work with them and i use them alot in my Mom-in-mind line. Where do you buy yours? I havent been able to find them any where but at joanns and there is only a few to choose from.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybittybows View Post
Okay I think this is Over Priced also... But I wanna tell you about what I did yesterday.. I had a consult at a Bridal Shop with owner.. She was looking to put some of the fancier hairbows in her shop.. I had everything she said she was intereseted in even swatches off all the ribbon. I showed her the samples and she ask me whe prices I told her well she looked at me really strange and I said if you thin 15.00 is to high for the item I can come down.. She laughed and ask me if I was just giving my things away.. I thought what ??? And she offed me double of what I was asking for everything and told me that on my headbands shecould get 50.00 to 75.00.. I almost fell in the floor... Wel needless to say got a huge order and was pleased .. Have a meeting with another Brdial Shop next week.. Hope it goes as well..
That is fantastic!!! Way to go!!
Sponsored Links