New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:07

Default Re: Speaking of overcharging . . .

I'm sorry girls but that's just greedy. I would never charge that much for something it cost me so little to make. It's gonna end up biting her in the bum I would rather sell mine for what i sell them for and have joe soaps like me be able to afford them. I get great satisfaction and a real buzz from seeing people wearing something that i made. It's not all about the green.........
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 12:40

Ok maybe I'm the only one here that will say this but I say good for her. If she has the market and people are paying then Cheers! Its a business and she is in this to make money. There is a market for every price range and she probably has her own that can afford what she charges.

The flip side is too many "undercharge" and are not covering site fees, payapl fees, shipping expenses, labor, etc. I see so often on sites like Etsy/Ebay cheap cheap prices and wonder how the heck its even worth it. $1.00 or $2.00 for a bow and statements that read: "I don't overcharge because I love what I do and want your daughter to wear pretty things" I think ..what?? give me a break... its a business and I for one am not working to keep money in other people's pockets, I need money in my own pocket. If I wanted just to give other mom's a break and not make money at this I would just make it a hobby.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by bows4mgirls View Post
Ok maybe I'm the only one here that will say this but I say good for her. If she has the market and people are paying then Cheers! Its a business and she is in this to make money. There is a market for every price range and she probably has her own that can afford what she charges.

The flip side is too many "undercharge" and are not covering site fees, payapl fees, shipping expenses, labor, etc. I see so often on sites like Etsy/Ebay cheap cheap prices and wonder how the heck its even worth it. $1.00 or $2.00 for a bow and statements that read: "I don't overcharge because I love what I do and want your daughter to wear pretty things" I think ..what?? give me a break... its a business and I for one am not working to keep money in other people's pockets, I need money in my own pocket. If I wanted just to give other mom's a break and not make money at this I would just make it a hobby.
I have to say I agree with you. If you have a market and your clientele will pay it, more power to you. That is capitalism at work. And which is better, sell 10 of an item at $60 or have to sell 100 at $6. Same gross income, but it takes alot more time and money to make 100. And I also agree that the ones that undercharge are much more irksome to me. Okay, I will get off the soapbox now, lol.

Melanie
Old 04-17-2009, 09:48

Yeah the funny thing is it looks like all those flowers are from Artistic Ribbon and just glued to clips and Headbands. I will say she did a nice job with her pictures and setting up her products. With all the colors and styles she offers she must have spent a ton on those flowers.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:03

Okay I think this is Over Priced also... But I wanna tell you about what I did yesterday.. I had a consult at a Bridal Shop with owner.. She was looking to put some of the fancier hairbows in her shop.. I had everything she said she was intereseted in even swatches off all the ribbon. I showed her the samples and she ask me whe prices I told her well she looked at me really strange and I said if you thin 15.00 is to high for the item I can come down.. She laughed and ask me if I was just giving my things away.. I thought what ??? And she offed me double of what I was asking for everything and told me that on my headbands shecould get 50.00 to 75.00.. I almost fell in the floor... Wel needless to say got a huge order and was pleased .. Have a meeting with another Brdial Shop next week.. Hope it goes as well..
Old 04-19-2009, 11:50

My I ask what kind of headbands are you selling to bridal shops? Is it for the flower girls? Sorry to be so lost but never heard of that before. Thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 01:28

I have many of the flowers she has from Artistic Ribbon.

They don't cost much, and she is def. making a good profit! Lucky her! I need to move to CA and a rich neighborhood

Old 04-19-2009, 04:07

Well i have loads of them and more on the way and i'm selling them on a hairband for €4. I dunno..........i even feel bad asking that for them. They cost me about €1 to make so if i was to sell em for so much i'd feel really really guilty. We're going through a VERY bad recession at the moment and we just had the most horrible budget thrown at us so maybe i feel the way i do cos i just know that the mums here couldn't afford it and i get such a buzz out of seeing people wearing my stuff that i want everyone to have it. But i've only been making them for about 7 months so ask me this question again in a year!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:11

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:44

The bridal hop ordered bows and headbands for flower girls and for proms..
Sponsored Links