http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:14

Default Re: Best Template for Bow Making?

are the templates not all they are cracked up to be? i've seen on here and ebay people re-selling theirs and have contemplated on purchasing them to see if it will help me understand bow-making a little bit better, i'm pretty sure i would use them, maybe until i become a pro at it--who knows....soooo if anyone is looking to get rid of their templates, please PM me, I really really really want to buy one but don't know that I want to pay full price for something that may or may not be useful for me personally.
Thanks!

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2009, 11:29

Has anyone used BOTH the TNT and BBM? What are the differences? What is your personal preference? Pros? Cons? THANKS!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahomommyof4 View Post
Has anyone used BOTH the TNT and BBM? What are the differences? What is your personal preference? Pros? Cons? THANKS!!!

I have both, and use them for different things......

The BBM is super wonderful for a beginner, and someone who just wants to whip out a lot bows in a speedy fashion. My 12 year old autistic son who has horrible finger dexterity (sp?) can make bows with the BBM.

The TNT is what I use when I want to make Twisted Boutique bows. It helps keep everything even, and it does speed up the process.

They both comes with wonderful sets of instructions also. If I remember correctly I had to print off the TNT ones, but the BBM comes in it's own little pink binder with the instructions printed on paper that will (to me) last forever....The BBM will be coming out from what I've read with a twisted template soon, and you can either buy that set when it comes out, or add to it.....I love 'em both, but if I were just beginning I would probably go with the BBM

HTH
Old 04-29-2009, 02:57

that helps...have you ever tried the totts? just wondering what you thought of those? it looks pretty simple basic and does not have all of those templates. anyone try that and have anything to say about it? i've heard a lot of tnt and bbm, but not a whole lot of totts and now debating about purchasing it.

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com
Old 05-04-2009, 09:16

can you make the twisted with the tnt? I've tried to make that one with out templates and they just don't come out even(loops) i know it says "The Twisted Boutique Bow is shaped and sewn off of the templates. They are only used as a guide to fold the ribbon for this one bow style"

So im not sure this one is for me i need help with making all bows im a beginner. So would you all recomment bbm

Army wife of 13 years and mommie to two beautiful babies Tj 04/26/02 Izabella 10/10/08
Old 05-04-2009, 09:18

does the tott include how to make the twisted in the complete pkg?

Army wife of 13 years and mommie to two beautiful babies Tj 04/26/02 Izabella 10/10/08
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19

I couldn't get the Twisted Boutique until I got the TNT templates. While the template helps with the proper fold, the instrucions are so detailed it makes it extremely easy to understand. I'm not sure how the BBM is going to work when it comes out. If it's anything like the classic, it might be the way to go.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleml View Post
does the tott include how to make the twisted in the complete pkg?
Yes TOTTS has the instructions on the twisted boutique, regular boutique, tails down, pinwheel, inside out, 2 loop topper and it gives you step by step instruction on how to make a bunch of different stacked bow, i love mine wouldnt use anything else!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:25

Im stuck on which templates to get. I hate to spend the money and then i can't make the bows. I got money for my birthday and this what i want but which one to buy?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleml View Post
Im stuck on which templates to get. I hate to spend the money and then i can't make the bows. I got money for my birthday and this what i want but which one to buy?
If it helps your decision making process at all, here is the method that TNT uses for twisted boutique:

Free Boutique Hair Bow Instructions: hairbow free directions, hair bow business work at home
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg