http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:53

Default Do you use any glue besides hot glue?

I've used this 'no sew fabric glue' a couple of times and it holds really well and doesn't make a huge mess. BUT it takes a long time to dry.

Anybody else have glue suggestions? Especially for lining clips.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 12-07-2007, 01:29

I use hot glue for lining clips but I love Fabric-tac for ribbon to ribbon bonding and E6000 for attaching bottle caps and resins.

Darcy
Old 12-19-2007, 05:29

Default Magna Tac

I just lined clips last night and loved using Magnatac. It was my second try with it, the first time I didn't like how long it took to dry. But, last night for some reason the glue gun wasn't cooperating and the clips were looking all bumpy from the glue. So I pulled out the Magnatac and tried it again and it was great! Very neat and smooth and if I wanted to make sure the ribbon stayed put while waiting for it to dry I used another alligator clip to hold it in place. It only needed 2-3 minutes until it set, so not too long. I'm glad I gave it another try, I don't think I will go back to the glue gun to line clips...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by birmantaz View Post
I just lined clips last night and loved using Magnatac. It was my second try with it, the first time I didn't like how long it took to dry. But, last night for some reason the glue gun wasn't cooperating and the clips were looking all bumpy from the glue. So I pulled out the Magnatac and tried it again and it was great! Very neat and smooth and if I wanted to make sure the ribbon stayed put while waiting for it to dry I used another alligator clip to hold it in place. It only needed 2-3 minutes until it set, so not too long. I'm glad I gave it another try, I don't think I will go back to the glue gun to line clips...
That's great to know. Right now, it is cold here and when it gets cold in the house, the glue gun doesn't cooperate and the glue does just what you're saying, it gets lumpy under the ribbon and I don't like that!

I'll have to try the Magnatac. Thanks for telling!

ISO: manners
Old 12-20-2007, 06:45

Quote:
Do you buy yours locally? The only place that I can find it is on eBay and the shipping is $5...don't really want to pay $5 just to get it here!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:24

Yeh, I have been wondering where to buy it too. Michelle had mentioned magna-tag a while back and I have been wondering if people like it compared to the glue gun and fabric-tac.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:53

In case you just use hot glue like me, one way to prevent clumping is to let the glue dry BEFORE gluing it to whatever you are gluing it to. Take the tip of the hot glue gun and run it over the dot to smooth the glue out- this will make it spread over the ribbon, clip, whatever and won't leave clumps (makes the tip of your hot glue gun messy, but I am sure there is a way to clean that up).

I may try FabriTac or something new now too!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:17

I have a local fabric store called "The Fabric Place" that carries MagnaTac. I searched online, but shipping is high just for that.... Good to know about the weather affecting the hot glue.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:08

Default Re: Magna Tac

Quote:

Anyone still using this?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.